Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Yoga Retreat - Ibiza  (Read 9634 times)

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Nude Yoga Retreat - Ibiza
« on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:05 am »

After New York's first naked yoga studio, the nude Ibiza yoga retreat that has become a sell-out success

By Sarah Gordon

Published: 15:43 GMT, 17 April 2014  | Updated: 17:09 GMT, 17 April 2014

It is the trend that is encouraging New York yogis to bare it all, literally, and now it is making its way to Europe - in the form of a naked yoga retreat.

The unusual concept of stripping off to indulge in some downward dog has taken the Big Apple by storm, with classes at the Bold & Naked studio in Manhattan selling out.

Now luxury travel company Formentera Yoga has experienced similar success with its first all-naked holidays on the Balearic island of Ibiza.

The retreat is open to both men and women and is on sale from £921. It will combine mixed yoga classes for the de-robed at a luxury finca (country house) set in 20 acres of fragrant pine forests on the north of the island overlooking the sea. The retreat has its own swimming pool and even a helipad for VIP guests.

The first experience, due to start in mid-May, has already sold out, so the company is hurriedly adding extra dates to cater to upmarket holidaymakers looking to get back to nature.

Company founder Jax Lysycia told MailOnline Travel: 'I’m delighted to now be able to add Naked Yoga on to our rosta of retreats at Formentera Yoga and look forward to adding more dates on to our schedule this year as it’s been incredibly popular.

'We realise here at Formentera Yoga that naked yoga is not for everyone, but we are delighted to welcome our naked yoga teacher Annette to our yearly programme of unique retreat events as it is an incredible form of self acceptance.'

She added: 'Clothing is optional - not everyone has to be naked. These special retreats are about freedom and not necessarily just about being naked.'

Yoga teacher Annette, who requested her surname not be published, explained the thinking behind her naked yoga practice.

She told MailOnline: 'Naked Yoga is an opportunity to reclaim the innocence of the body, rediscover delight that is available to us with as we become one with nature and practice, or enquire into the possibility of practicing, yoga naked within this safe, peaceful and magical haven in the quiet hills of Northern Ibiza.'

Annette began teaching naked yoga in London and explained: 'The feedback from the courses was so overwhelmingly positive right from day one (I was blown away, and still am blown away by the messages I receive from people having attended the classes) so I thought "I must be doing some good..." and continued to offer them. As such Naked Yoga London was born.'

The instructor explained: 'The benefits range from simply feeling great and free, experiencing the liberation of your body free from clothes and moving in contact with the air, and also a sense of phsychological liberation in this.'

She added: 'Also people report becoming deeply relaxed, more deeply relaxed than they can remember and being able to take that experience into their lives.  People report being able to cope more with what life flings at them, being more accepting of themselves, getting over weight issues, being less self-conscious in many ways, loving themselves more.

'Also, and I feel very importantly, gaining deeper respect for themselves and others and, as such, being less judgmental of themselves and others. Also simply just feeling amazing.'

Sunrise walks, meditation and health and beauty treatments are also available during the retreat, which includes food from a private chef and excursions to local beaches.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2606996/Naked-yoga-retreat-Ibiza-sell-success.html

beachpuppy

Re: Nude Yoga Retreat - Ibiza
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »
I used to do naked yoga with a group for the last two years, and found it very natural, after the initial trepidations. Eventually, it feels great, relaxing and very natural, and indeed there are no pulls from clothing - as if you can feel every part of your body. Highly recommendable.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 11:43:18 am »
 :e4444 :e2w
nude is natural

Offline Messala

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
It sounds reeeeeally cool!  :azn:
Nam veluti pueri trepidant atque omnia caecis in tenebris metuunt, sic nos in luce timemus inter dum, nihilo quae sunt metuenda magis quam quae pueri in tenebris pavitant.

Offline Lemonfresh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »
I would like to try, but I think it is a little expesive and I struggle on the clothig optional thing...

Offline skycladsusy

• Shouting it out loud
  • BANNED
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »
I would like to try, but I think it is a little expesive and I struggle on the clothig optional thing...

Not expensive. Book about $15-20, clothes $0.  If you want the in a class setting then that might get pricey.

Offline Messala

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 05:08:31 pm »
At your home you can start from the traditional Sun Salutation, which is quite simple!

In this video it is the first part (about 10 minutes)... And gradually you can also repeat several times the salutations to get more flexible...

Yes the retreat is quite expensive, however the idea is cool. Maybe organizing ourselves some meeting should be cheaper?
Nam veluti pueri trepidant atque omnia caecis in tenebris metuunt, sic nos in luce timemus inter dum, nihilo quae sunt metuenda magis quam quae pueri in tenebris pavitant.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 08:50:10 am »

Not expensive. Book about $15-20, clothes $0.  If you want the in a class setting then that might get pricey.

:e4444

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 08:29:33 pm »

I would like to give yoga a chance. Especially in these stressing times, when you have very little patience to all the BS that surrounds you.

That video for nude yoga seems really cool. are there more available on youtube or dailymotion?
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Messala

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:16:24 am »
I don't know, we have to check! Can we post here our findings?

Offline rajnature

• Nature is beautiful body is nature and its beautiful
  • Nude with Towel
  • Be positive
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 04:36:35 pm »
Even i practice the nude yoga....feeling is awesome!

Offline ninni

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »
i really like yoga and have done it for some years now, also nude, i just like sports ad yoga is a fine way to push your body to some unknown limits but i am not into this meditation thing, for this reasson i have never done it in groups and also would not even if it is a naked group
i am Sabrina, 14 years old, from germany, and i hope to fiend new friends here

Offline tunick1981

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:01 pm »
Great!! Naked yoga should be amazing!!!

Offline stevizz

• we're all born naked
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
I'd love to try that and thanks for sharing the video link too. Shame it's so expensive. I wish things like this were more accessible in the UK!

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 09:05:58 am »
At your home you can start from the traditional Sun Salutation, which is quite simple!

In this video it is the first part (about 10 minutes)... And gradually you can also repeat several times the salutations to get more flexible...

Yes the retreat is quite expensive, however the idea is cool. Maybe organizing ourselves some meeting should be cheaper?

@Messala   :like
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.