Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Rios Naturist Spa  (Read 4661 times)

Offline scott1987

• Topless with bottoms
  • 27 year old Sydney guy looking to meet nude mates
  • Referrals: 0
Rios Naturist Spa
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »
I have just returned from travelling in the UK and I would like to share my experience of Rios Naturist Spa, located in Kentish Town, London.

Now if you read the online reviews of this place, you will notice that it is quite often described as a swingers establishment rather than a true naturist spa. Having read some differing reviews however, I decided to give the place a go and see for myself what the place was all about.

Kentish Town was easy to get to on the Tube via the Northern Line and Rios is very close to the train station, so only a 3 minute walk from there. It is very well advertised from the outside of the building and therefore is easy to spot.

I should say at this point that I attended on a Saturday afternoon.

I entered the premises and handed my 21£ to the reception lady, who handed me a towell and directed me towards the locker room. Once there, I removed my clothes and wrapped a towell around me. I had already seen a number of members coming and going from the locker room and they were all covered with towells, so I thought this must be the norm.

I entered the main common area of the spa, which consists of a bar and a television lounge area. I noticed that most members were walking around with towells on, but some were completely nude. I decided to join them and I hung my towell around my neck.

I spotted 3 young ladies behind the bar serving customers and handing out towells. They seemed quite friendly and they were all topless, wearing sarongs around their waists. All the girls were attractive and I did not spot any male staff.

I ventured into the wet area where the bulk of the people were. I was impressed to find two massive jacuzzi baths, which sat side by side and could easily accommodate 10 people each. There were two large steam rooms and three regular sized saunas, with a plunge pool and showers nearby. Walking around further I discovered a small lap pool next to a gigantic spa bath, which could comfortably fit 20 people maybe more.

This area led onto a labyrinth on hallways and small private rooms with matresses. I took a walk through the corridors and did not see anyone using the rooms. I understand that they are popular on certain "couples only" nights.

I decided to try one of the central jacuzzi baths, it was quite relaxing and I got chatting to some nice people. It gave a good view of the whole venue and you could sit back and watch people go by. I noticed quiet a few females, however all of them were wearing bikinis.

One female was topless, however once she did get nude and jump into my jacuzzi, I noticed she was not a female after all - her penis being the dead give away. Now I didnt mind that at all, I have no problem with transsexual people, it was actually quite good to see she had the confidence to reveal everything. I must say, she was quite convincing from the waist up and I got chatting to her for a short time.

unfortunately, I later saw her leading numerous gentlemen into one of the private rooms, one bloke after another, each walking out with a big smile on their faces. On one hand I was dissappointed to see that go on at a nudist venue, but on the other hand I was glad it took place in private rather than in the main spa.

Throughout the afternoon I saw a few of the older guys "cruising" around the venue, but they were the minority. I found most of the crowd to be pleasant and respectful and I never felt uncomfortable.

All in all I had a great, at some points interesting,  time and I decided I would probably be back.

I did go back a few days later, this time on a weekday. The second time I went back there was much less cruising going on and it was more of a naturist feel.

I cant speak for how the place is after dark, from most accounts the vibe changes dramatically during the night time hours. But if youre looking for some day time relaxation, give it a go and see for yourself.

Although I didnt get one, you can also book massages on site with professional therapists

Viking80

Re: Rios Naturist Spa
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:33:16 am »
Thanks for your post. I am one of those who have chosen not to visit Rios based on online reviews, but after reading your post I think I will give it a try next time I am in London

Offline scott1987

• Topless with bottoms
  • 27 year old Sydney guy looking to meet nude mates
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:36:51 am »
It certainly is worth a try to see for yourself.

Just try to avoid friday nights, I dont believe they allow singles in that night, as it is couples only. I assume that is when the swinging goes on.

Also, there are certain nights where nudism is enforced and you cant wear swimwear, it might be worth checking out when those nights.

But I definitely get the feeling that this place can be very different on a day to day basis.

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
I visited Rio's this Friday just gone and the facilities are exactly as Scott described. There is also a bar area with a tv where they serve juice, tea, coffee and wine and also a relaxation area with seats.

It was fairly busy for a work day I thought as I arrived at about 2pm. I didn't see anything untoward going on although I did get the impression that there were a few guys there who were 'cruising' but nothing in a threatening or overbearing sense. The ratio was about 9 men to 1 female and of the females that were there, all but one were wearing either bikini's or a one piece. There was a younger couple, around late 20's/early 30's that came in just as I was leaving at 5pm who were both nude.

Clean towels were available when yours got wet using the saunas or steam rooms when sitting on them and the floors in the dry areas were regularly mopped dry with people walking through having used the jacuzzi or showers.

The entrance fee was £23 but I didn't notice what it was for couples and single females. All the info can be found here though and given the opportunity I think I would go back!
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline kobe.malta

• Nude with Towel
  • HEELLLOOOO EVERYONE!!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 05:34:34 pm »
Might try the place tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll be as you guys described and not a complete swinging place!

Anyone free tomorrow?

Offline Garreth1988

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:31:19 pm »
Has anybody visited here recently. I'm still hearing very mixed reviews on the place.

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 05:14:49 am »
The last time I went was in January when I was back in the UK for Christmas.

It was very much the same with the vast majority of the people there being male and unfortunately when a girl turned up with her partner, some of the guys followed her around the place like sheep.

The facilities are nice but I think the ambiance is just a bit hit and miss. I understand that there is also Elixir Health Club with a review here which has now been renamed Naked Hands Spa
"Life's too short, play naked"

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 01:20:00 pm »
I will never go to Rios.  The thought makes my skin crawl.  But each to their own.