Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nintendo Switch (Project NX) hype  (Read 4727 times)

Offline doughboy312

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nintendo Switch (Project NX) hype
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 08:52:37 pm »
I think if Nintendo wants to show they are able to make an 'appealing' console, they will have to show they can support big cross-platform series. This is what I am keeping my eye on.

They always make appealing consoles along with innovation; they just lack games that are interesting and fresh. Every year there is a new Mario and Zelda which is old, outdated, and plays the same every time. It is very annoying and even though it is to appeal to new players who have never been exposed to them, their are games indie games that replicate this same formula but do it better.

In order to keep these two franchises alive for Nintendo, you have to make people miss them enough to want it come back. Take Metroid, you see it once every 3-4 years and it does good and sells. Even Star Fox (my favorite Nintendo franchise) does amazing in sales and you see that once every 5-6 years. The only thing they need to do is expand the story cause their is so much potential for it. But I digress, you have to bring in new material and let Miyamoto take a nap to think of something innovative for them.  :afro:

I would agree about having people miss franchises. I am hoping for a new Metroid game for the Switch, but it feels like its on the backburner in terms of their development. It seems like they might be giving a wider scope of gameplay for the new Zelda game, but I also worry that it might be too much all at once.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:04 am »
My hype has pretty much deflated with the announcement of paid online and accessory prices now.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

tinghou2004

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 11:47:17 am »
I'm still holding onto the hype, personally - I really want the local multiplayer to be awesome so that we can turn naked Switch parties into a thing :D

Density

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »
My hype has pretty much deflated with the announcement of paid online and accessory prices now.

tehehe, i flipped the table when i saw that at the conference. on top of that i saw the prices for the peripherals and all i got say is that you better not drop anything unless you wanna pay $50 to replace a joycon or pay $80 for a couple. on top of that the line-up disappointed me especially with that '1,2, Switch' and the fact you gonna be playing Zelda for 7 months until that good looking Mario is available in December. The 2hr battery life caught me off guard also and what makes this more depressing is the fact they prioritized the joycon usage over the games to take advantage of the tech. It was quite disappointing. you are supposed to capture the audience, not turn them away and hope Zelda will carry the console for the rest of the yr.

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 05:50:04 pm »
The Switch announcement... yeah..

I was excited for the new console as it could theoretically bridge the gap between handheld and home consoles. Paid online multiplayer hurts because online services on Nintendo consoles have been and will probably be not too great (also you'd additionally need to pay for internet on the go). Battery life isn't my prime issue with the thing as there are public charging opportunities in every bar or public transport vehicle nowadays, but those launch titles... or lack thereof...

All the Switch will be for the first 6 months is a piece of hardware to play the new Zelda on. Luckily for me they are also releasing it for Wii U so I won't have any reason to be an early adopter for this thing.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 08:39:12 pm »
I'm still holding onto the hype, personally - I really want the local multiplayer to be awesome so that we can turn naked Switch parties into a thing :D
Do not get me wrong, I am still interested in the thing - it just stopped being the must-have near launch.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:32 pm »
I pre-ordered Breath of the Wild's CE (the one without the sword statue) but still haven't been able to secure the console itself. I'm getting tired of Nintendo's artificial scarcity BS to be honest.

Also, the launch lineup is absolutely wretched. And how do you not launch with the next big Mario game? Which looks like a blast.

tinghou2004

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 06:27:42 am »
Agreed on the launch lineup, unfortunately. Also super disappointed about 1-2 Switch being a full-priced game instead of a Wii Sports-like thing.
Then again, they did the same thing with NintendoLand for Wii U, and that was probably my favorite party game ever. Maybe they're trying to do the same thing here?

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 06:45:51 am »

Me too! I'm really excited for the Switch! Sure, the launch title line-up is pretty lackluster; but a console/handheld combo is going to be amazing. There's some great titles that are supposed to be released later in the year. I'm also a shameless Nintendo fanboy though. Hehe. 
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Density

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 01:18:23 pm »
I will w8 til the console is a yr old to make a decision.