Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unofficial Seattle Nude Beaches  (Read 86897 times)

Offline uberreicher

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Unofficial Seattle Nude Beaches
« on: December 01, 2011, 09:12:47 pm »
There are three places I know of where you can go skinny-dipping in Seattle. All three are beaches within park areas, Denny Blaine and Magnuson Parks on Lake Washington, and Discovery Beach on Puget Sound. I've only been to Denny Blaine Park, so I can only recommend that one for now. It's a small beach on the east side of seattle close to several bus lines, so it's easy to get to. It may be small, but it gets a lot of people on weekends and no one is bothered by nudity. Even families with kids don't bat an eye. It's also popular with the lesbian community in Seattle, many of whom like to go topless at Denny Blaine (I talked to a few of them). I highly recommend this one, as Lake Washington is significantly warmer than the sound, though the waves can get large on windy days (Lake Washington is very big). If anyone is there next summer, they should give it a try.

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Unofficial Seattle Nude Beaches
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 02:12:30 am »
That sounds really awesome!

Offline tolkienfan86

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:39:53 am »
Thanks for the update I'll definitely have to check them out.

Offline foxriderar77

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »
Thanks for the info, my roommate is moving to Seattle, I'll have to check these beaches out when I go visit.

Offline tolkienfan86

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 12:21:13 am »
Dang my post didn't get submitted to this thread.

I had some free time the other day so I went to check out Denny Blaine. I was really surprised at how small the park and beach are, maybe only 20-30 yards wide. I can imagine in the summer it's really crowded. There wasn't any one there which was I bummer. I admit I'm unsure what the Seattle city laws are so I want to talk to people to find out what the practices are.

I didn't strip off when I was there just went to take a look. Although I got kind of the sense of being exposed while there. The grassy area is certainly viewable from the road/parking area and some of the beach also.

Perhaps I'll have to return in the summer to see what it's like then.

Offline uberreicher

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »
Dang my post didn't get submitted to this thread.

I had some free time the other day so I went to check out Denny Blaine. I was really surprised at how small the park and beach are, maybe only 20-30 yards wide. I can imagine in the summer it's really crowded. There wasn't any one there which was I bummer. I admit I'm unsure what the Seattle city laws are so I want to talk to people to find out what the practices are.

I didn't strip off when I was there just went to take a look. Although I got kind of the sense of being exposed while there. The grassy area is certainly viewable from the road/parking area and some of the beach also.

Perhaps I'll have to return in the summer to see what it's like then.

People really don't care. You could be the only nude person there and no one would complain. Don't worry about feeling "exposed".There are no nudity laws in Seattle, only state nudity law, which says that a person must be committing"lewd and lascivious conduct" for it to be illegal. Also,  the person who complains must be willing to go to court and press chatges. The Seattle police typicqlly don't bother with nudity complaints. You'll be fine.

Offline athletic1164

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »
Hey Uber,

Any updates about this beach? Noticed the post is a little old.

Offline seattleSun

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »
Hey Uber,

Hey Athletic1164,

I went to Howell beach when the weather was really nice on Monday, there were about 30-40 people there, and I think everyone was nude. I felt less awkward nude than I did clothed. Also, I visited Denny Blaine, later the same day, and found only one naturist, with lots of textiled patrons. I had a great time at Howell, and hope to be back there throughout the summer.

Offline seattleSun

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:42:52 pm »
My account won't let me respond to PMs, but you asked where the beach is. If you search for Howell park in google you'll find it. Note it is not an official nude beach, but with most if not all of the patrons clothes free, it's unlikely the city will respond to complaints about the nudity alone.

rdfcguy

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 04:50:30 am »
Interesting. I go to Seattle every summer to visit family, so I'll see if I can go to some of those places.

Offline clog7777

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 06:36:13 am »
I haven't ever checked out those beaches due to the "unofficial" aspect.  I really enjoy going down to Collins beach in Portland or up to wreck beach in Vancouver when I can.  Its interesting in a city as progressive as Seattle that there is not a sanctioned naturist beach.

Offline seattleSun

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 11:12:10 pm »
I've now been to Howell beach many times, I really enjoy it. It's a pretty small beach, and is sheltered on all sides. Although not officially clothing optional, the vast majority of people there are nude. I'd say it's mostly men, some of which are gay. Everyone is really relaxed, and it's just a nice place to get some sun, swim in the water, and enjoy the nice weather we've been having.

Akaten

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 02:04:56 pm »
If anyone would be interested in meeting at any of these beaches, do please let me know.

Offline seattledude720

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 01:17:44 am »
Hey Uber,

Hey Athletic1164,

I went to Howell beach when the weather was really nice on Monday, there were about 30-40 people there, and I think everyone was nude. I felt less awkward nude than I did clothed. Also, I visited Denny Blaine, later the same day, and found only one naturist, with lots of textiled patrons. I had a great time at Howell, and hope to be back there throughout the summer.

i think Howe11 seems to be the top choice, with DB as a second best. I've been to another park up in Edmonds-ish but it was kinda sketchy. I went to H park a few times last year and really enjoyed each time.

@athletic1164 @seattleSun @Akaten are y'all still in Seattle?

AmericanSwede

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »
this is a very handy list for my road-trip this June-July. We're heading north after the World Naked Bike Ride in Portland on 25 June. Maybe we can plan to meet up at one of these spots.