Naturist Resources > Oceania/Australasia etc.

Washaway Beach, Sydney

<< < (4/9) > >>

nudetrail:

--- Quote from: das_adam on April 08, 2012, 01:52:03 am ---
--- Quote from: Jen on December 11, 2011, 01:28:28 am ---Hello people,

A favourite nude beach on mine in Sydney is Washaway beach - it's near Balgowlah on the northern beaches. If you've ever walked the 'Manly to Spit'walk, you've been unerringly close to it.

It's a favourite beach of mine - not crowded, has spectacular views of middle harbour - you can see the Manly ferry go by - but not too closely! There is often a mixed crowd  - some other young folk go there. Last summer my ex and I went there one day, and saw a few girls in their early twenties, then ran into them again at the Wharf bar down in Manly later that day  - we only just recognised them with their clothes on  :234!

If driving, you can park in Barrabooka street.

There is a path at the end of the street - go down this path. In about 100 meters there is a sign which points to Grotto Point (straight ahead) - go this way.

In about another 100 meters there is a fork - go left - you will see a little blue sign on the ground - it gets a bit rougher here.

In about another 100 meters you see the sea ! At the end of the cliff go left about 10 meters and you will see how to get down to the beach - there are footholds on the ledge (about 8 feet) - if unsure ask someone on the beach how to get down - it's not difficult. It might be an idea to wear closed on footwear the first time !

Jen

--- End quote ---

:e4444
Cool! Looks great, worth a visit when I'm in Sydney next.

--- End quote ---

yes after the cool winter period defenitely like to go their. 

Nude_not_rude:
Ok so I'm finally here. Great directions Jen and a nice walk too. I can see why they call it Washaway Beach, as it's currently in that washed away state :) and the tide is up, so not much beach to speak of today. Maybe next time....

I also noticed a "nude bathing prohibited" sign at the street entrance to the track. Is that new???

Jen:
Hi

I'm disappointed for you that the beach had been washed away - it happened to a dear friend of mine also recently. good news is that it's back !  - I was there yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful and the sand plentiful. A few times a year the tide is too high, and you guys struck out unfortunately.

Despite the sign at the end of the street, I've never seen anyone trying to enforce it.

Jen

Leah:

--- Quote from: Jen on December 04, 2012, 08:36:31 pm ---Hi

I'm disappointed for you that the beach had been washed away - it happened to a dear friend of mine also recently. good news is that it's back !  - I was there yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful and the sand plentiful. A few times a year the tide is too high, and you guys struck out unfortunately.

Despite the sign at the end of the street, I've never seen anyone trying to enforce it.

Jen

--- End quote ---

I know I shouldn't be but I'm jealous

nudetrail:
 :e4444 tide also effects cobblers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version