Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Washaway Beach, Sydney  (Read 50507 times)

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Washaway Beach, Sydney
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 09:53:33 am »
Hello people,

A favourite nude beach on mine in Sydney is Washaway beach - it's near Balgowlah on the northern beaches. If you've ever walked the 'Manly to Spit'walk, you've been unerringly close to it.

It's a favourite beach of mine - not crowded, has spectacular views of middle harbour - you can see the Manly ferry go by - but not too closely! There is often a mixed crowd  - some other young folk go there. Last summer my ex and I went there one day, and saw a few girls in their early twenties, then ran into them again at the Wharf bar down in Manly later that day  - we only just recognised them with their clothes on  :234!

If driving, you can park in Barrabooka street.

There is a path at the end of the street - go down this path. In about 100 meters there is a sign which points to Grotto Point (straight ahead) - go this way.

In about another 100 meters there is a fork - go left - you will see a little blue sign on the ground - it gets a bit rougher here.

In about another 100 meters you see the sea ! At the end of the cliff go left about 10 meters and you will see how to get down to the beach - there are footholds on the ledge (about 8 feet) - if unsure ask someone on the beach how to get down - it's not difficult. It might be an idea to wear closed on footwear the first time !

Jen

:e4444
Cool! Looks great, worth a visit when I'm in Sydney next.

yes after the cool winter period defenitely like to go their. 
nude is natural

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 05:11:05 am »
Ok so I'm finally here. Great directions Jen and a nice walk too. I can see why they call it Washaway Beach, as it's currently in that washed away state :) and the tide is up, so not much beach to speak of today. Maybe next time....

I also noticed a "nude bathing prohibited" sign at the street entrance to the track. Is that new???

Offline Jen

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »
Hi

I'm disappointed for you that the beach had been washed away - it happened to a dear friend of mine also recently. good news is that it's back !  - I was there yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful and the sand plentiful. A few times a year the tide is too high, and you guys struck out unfortunately.

Despite the sign at the end of the street, I've never seen anyone trying to enforce it.

Jen

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:57 am »
Hi

I'm disappointed for you that the beach had been washed away - it happened to a dear friend of mine also recently. good news is that it's back !  - I was there yesterday afternoon and it was beautiful and the sand plentiful. A few times a year the tide is too high, and you guys struck out unfortunately.

Despite the sign at the end of the street, I've never seen anyone trying to enforce it.

Jen

I know I shouldn't be but I'm jealous
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 08:50:57 am »
 :e4444 tide also effects cobblers
nude is natural

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:18:06 am »
Great to hear it's back. Yeah I must have added a high tide to the lack of sand to make it a rocky spot.

Offline worthbe

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 07:49:38 am »
I went down to check out washaway today. Unfortunately I rekon it may have been high tide (or I had the wrong spot) as all that could be seen were waves crashing on the rocks. There was a young italian couple who also joined me on the unseccessful hunt :sad: But it was a pretty sweet walk back out of the park!

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »
looks quite nice  :e4444
nude is natural

Offline steve

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:41 pm »

Jen

Wow - thanks Jen. I lived in Sydney for 8 years and had heard of this beach but didn't know where it was or how to get there. I had also heard that its 'free beach' status had been removed around the same time that Obelisk and Cobblers were declared clothing optional which I gather ruffled a few feathers on the lower north shore.

Anyway, thanks for the great directions. I'll have to check this out when I'm next back in Sydney.

Offline Sparky

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 08:34:35 pm »
Good to know!
Thanks

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 11:05:24 am »
There is currently a beach at Washaway even at high tide.

Get your self down there and enjoy the sun - well maybe not tomorrow as the southerly will amke Cobblers the better option.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline sunnyskies

• Casually Dressed
  • Hey boys and girls
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 06:00:49 am »
Pity I arrived here in Sydney in the beginning of winter...now I will have to wait until summer to go explore this beach....sounds like paradise though

fsjm2112

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 04:04:59 am »
That water is SO blue! Wish I lived closed to a beach like that. I only have murky lakes and disgusting rivers near me. Sound great!*sarcasm*

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:36 am »
That water is SO blue! Wish I lived closed to a beach like that. I only have murky lakes and disgusting rivers near me. Sound great!*sarcasm*

:e4444 :e2w
nude is natural

Offline sunnyskies

• Casually Dressed
  • Hey boys and girls
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »
So we've been having the most amazing weather in Sydney even though it is suppose to be winter now.  Today was 26 degrees and I just could not NOT take the opportunity to go to the beach today.  So headed to the North Shore and to Obelisk.
I met up with a friend and what an amazing day.

There was practically no one there and we just spent time sunbathing on the rocks in our birthday suits.  Beautiful beach with beautiful views!  We weren't brave enough to take a swim though.  Come summer this will be regular visit for me.

Just thought I'd share my experience.