Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: My Daughter the Teenage Nudist -Channel 4 (UK) January 12 2012  (Read 23584 times)

Offline nakedvegancooks

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: My Daughter the Teenage Nudist -Channel 4 (UK) January 12 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:17 pm »
Yeah. I dunno, Im mainly scared/embarrassed by three things: a) potentially caught on camera saying something stupid, b) having old friends from school (i.e. people I dont like) being knobs on facebook, and c) being laughed at by my family.

I kind of trust in myself that I didnt say anything too bad, although hopefully the production company has edited it kindly. Slightly worried about which pronouns they are using for me, as I dont necessarily want to be outed as genderqueer to THE ENTIRE WORLD, but I dont think that is too big of a deal.
with b) ill probably just keep off facebook for a couple of days. to be honest, Im enough of an attention seeker that Ill probably love it.
and c) is an inevitable part of life anyhow. I should just suck it up!

When I appeared in Diary of a Teenage Nudist I thought I would receive a lot more attention. I got a few texts from friends saying that they had just seen me naked on tv but I didn't really get any hassle from it and I didn't get recognised in the street (although even though she was in it for about a minute, my mum got recognised by a cashier in Boots!). The only thing that I would say, and something that hadn't crossed my mind when I did it, is that once it's broadcast, if there are sections which just focus on you which they did with me, then you will be forever immortalised on the internet both with the video and screen shots!

Also if someone can record it, you could upload it to MediaFire, set a password and then share with us and it can then be accessed and downloaded at the leisure of people on the board!

Thanks Pyre, that makes me feel a lot better about it :D
x
"It is as though it is a crime for a woman to be undressed in public, unless she was undressed in the service of a corporation or a commercial entrepreneur" - R Grueneich

Offline Cabding

• Lord-Master of Vita Nuda Southeast
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Livin' la Vita Nuda!
  • Referrals: 9
    • Vita Nuda Southeast
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:09 am »
No matter what you will get people being crappy. Clothes or not. From my experience people won't give you too much of a hard time or search you out to bring your business up to the world. You will get a "hey I know that guy" and that's about it. Half the world has the same parts you do so it's not anything too traumatizing.
Trying to unite the lost naked souls of the Southeast US. Message our Facebook page or PM me to get involved!

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 01:04:16 am »
A friend of mine has said he will be watching it. I am quietly optimistic.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 12:14:11 pm »
Tonight! Will have to watch it on 4oD, though, the parents will be in :P

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 12:57:20 pm »
Hey NVC,

Congratulations on appearing in the documentary!

You wrote:

Yeah. I dunno, Im mainly scared/embarrassed by three things: a) potentially caught on camera saying something stupid, b) having old friends from school (i.e. people I dont like) being knobs on facebook, and c) being laughed at by my family.

My reponse is:

a) I'm pretty sure that the film company would be professional enough to omit anything that is silly, distasteful, or paints the lifestyle in a negative (or potentially negative) light.

b) If you don't like them, then why are they on your Facebook profile?  I thought a friend is someone who likes you and will defend you, not stab you or make fun of you online.

c) This could be an opportunity to come out with your naturist interests to your family.  Sure, they might find it amusing and a novelty to begin with, but once they see how normal it is they will most likely accept it (and who knows might even join you in it down the track). 

I kind of trust in myself that I didnt say anything too bad, although hopefully the production company has edited it kindly. Slightly worried about which pronouns they are using for me, as I dont necessarily want to be outed as genderqueer to THE ENTIRE WORLD, but I dont think that is too big of a deal.
with b) ill probably just keep off facebook for a couple of days. to be honest, Im enough of an attention seeker that I'll probably love it.
and c) is an inevitable part of life anyhow. I should just suck it up!

That's the girl!   :624  :4345

How did the nude swim party go down btw, or hasn't it happened yet? 

Gotta hit the sack as it's nearly 11pm where I am!   :44444444
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

john.mowgli

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 03:45:09 pm »
can't wait!

I hope family and friends watch it and
understand what naturism is and like it alot!

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 10:16:32 pm »
Watching atm!

http://www.tvcatchup.com/watch.html?c=4 - legal if you're a UK resident with a license fee :)

So far, really good :)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:13 pm »
Me and Kayla are watching this now on channel 4 its been quite interesting so far hearing everyones views and opinions. We've already seen the cooks too, well done guys also the next time you have a tea party, invite me!
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 10:37:20 pm »
The corner of my head popped into the spa video in the bar but they've been nice about protecting me from exposure (whey) :P I think I'm safe ;)

EDIT: Really good overall! Didn't feel an hour long (yes, I know, ad breaks), so it was fun to watch, made me laugh. Felt a little bit content-light but I suspect that's just the length being curtailed by the ads as I'm used to BBC programming.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:12:42 pm by ComfierNatural »

Offline nakedvegancooks

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »
Went alright!

Bit pissed that they focused a lot on my eating disorder, but besides that it was really cool :D
"It is as though it is a crime for a woman to be undressed in public, unless she was undressed in the service of a corporation or a commercial entrepreneur" - R Grueneich

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 02:13:14 am »
Sounds like it turned out good. I can't wait to see it.
Went alright!

Bit pissed that they focused a lot on my eating disorder, but besides that it was really cool :D
I can understand that, but it may have a positive influence on people with similar issues. But I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how it came off. Coming from someone who's shy as hell, avoids the spotlight, and won't post pics online, I have to say your bravery to appear on the show is admirable.

On demand:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-daughter-the-teenage-nudist/4od
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:26:45 am by NaturalInNY »

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 02:27:26 am »
I just downloaded it from a certain torrent website as the on demand channel sites don't allow viewing in the country I'm in but i'm busy over the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to watch it now!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:30:32 am by Pyre »
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 02:38:07 am »
I just downloaded it from a certain torrent website as the on demand channel sites don't allow viewing in the country I'm in but i'm busy over the weekend so I'll have to wait until Monday to watch it now!
I keep looking for a working UK proxy, but none of them display the video right.

Offline nakedvegancooks

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 02:46:14 am »
If anyone can find a way of watching it if your not in the UK, could you tell me and Ill link to it in tomorrows blog... thanks x

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 02:53:42 am »
I believe I found a MegaUpload link. Downloading now, if it's legitimate I'll say so and anyone that wants the link can PM me.

Edit: It works.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:03:02 am by NaturalInNY »