Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Diary of a Teenage Nudist  (Read 11240 times)

wartel

Diary of a Teenage Nudist
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:09:05 am »
Hello,

I have read some articles in this forum about the documentary "Diary of a Teenage Nudist" in this forum but actually found no valid link to this movie. Because I think the movie raises some very important and interesting discussion points and may not all member of this board have already seen it, I will repost some working links below.

BTW: There is also a discussion about some kind of sequel of this movie here:
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,10077.0.html

And here are the links:

cu,
Wartel

Offline Pepe990

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Diary of a Teenage Nudist
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:31:21 am »
wtf man!!!!!!!!

how can you post it before it was even shown on tv!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

thanks man
If people were meant to be naked, they would have been born that way!!!

Offline Pepe990

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:36:25 am »
ohh if its that one then I've seen it already....

wartel

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:50:45 am »
Sorry for not fulfilling your expectations, Pepe. But as written in my post I have reposted the original movie because of the discussions of the expected sequel and due to the fact that the posted links to the original move do not work any more in order give those the possibility to be aware of that move whose do not know it so far.

;-)

cu,
Wartel

Offline Pepe990

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:00:32 am »
Servus,
no probs mate!! lol i was wayyyy overexcited anyway :P but a good thing to post them again!!! who ever hasnt seen it yet WATCH IT

but many thanks for posting it!!
Pat

wartel

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 12:03:00 pm »
Another reason, why I have posted this movie is due to the fact that one topic on which the movie seems to focus on is to answer the question if naturism has some sexual aspects or not. Its an old "naturist question" discussed maybe already too often, I know. Nevertheless, because the girl seems to be so concerned about it and I may have some special issues to say about it, I want to post my thoughts in the following:

First of all, I take her concerns very serious. I fully understand her fears, especially if I would be in her age.
I think there are sometimes some historic-caused misunderstandings in the naturist communities. Some say, nudity is normal and natural and thus make the (wrong) conclusion, that it is nothing special to be nude. I have posted more thoughts about this issue already under the following link:
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,8066.msg79833.html#msg79833

I think it is the same misunderstanding if you say, nudity is normal and natural and has nothing to do with sexuality. Why it shouln't? We are all human beeings. Sexually is part of us. Our body belongs to us. Thus sexuality belongs to our body as well. It is impossible to separate sexuality and the body and thus the human beeing. It was tried many times, not only in the context of naturism but also in philosophy and religious contexts. Not with great success but with great pain.

So let us speak us out loudly: We are sexual human beeings, full of sexual thoughts, wishes and other aspects in that context. And because we cannot separate these aspects from us, we also cannot separate them from our bodies. And it is ok that it is like that.

BUT: The wonderful thing on human beeing and having a human body is that there are so many aspects of nudity that have in fact nothing to do with sexuality. Instead that have to do with freedom, confidence, reality vs. virtuality, responsibility, respect and hundreds of other keywords. But there is still a very strong historic-caused influence of society and media that reduce the nudity-human-relationship to sexuality. In contrast, naturism means for me to explore all the other aspects of nudity and you agree - it is a great and never ending experience.

However, excluding the sexuality discussion in the context of nudity seems to oversimplify the whole discussion into two parts: the good and the bad one. And sexually oftens seems to be on the wrong, the bad side. And here, I think we are in a situation of a vicious circle (in German we say "the cat eats its tail"). Sexuality comprises a great variety of aspects, some of them you may find good, some of them you may find bad, some of them are definitely good, some of them are definitely bad. For many (historic) reasons having a good relationship to sexuality is not always easy. Having a bad one is the reason for many frustration and vice versa: Beeing sexual frustrated can be the reason for bad sexual behavior. Speaking as a man I think this is especially true for men and I am very, very sad for that.

So why not explicitely say, yes naturism includes sexuality, with some rules in order to respect everybody but nevertheless we do not want to speak about it all the time (but may be more often as we have done so far), just because there are so many other aspects of nudity. And if we speak about sexuality in the context we are seeking for the good aspects (but do not exlude the bad ones in the discussions).

I believe, naturism can contribute a lot to the topic sexuality, if it is not excluded it from the discussion list. It can support a more natural relationship and reduce the amount of frustration in that context. Just one very simply example, seeing naked people may reduce the (sexual-driven) wish of seeing naked people from an obsession to a normal amount. And once somebody has reached that point he or she can - without denying their sexuality - explore the other wonderful aspects of beeing naked.

Let's dream the dream of a human society that fully accepts the human beeing as it is and start to build islands where this dream becomes to be true!

cu,
wartel

PS: Just for some more discussion, which kind of good or bad aspect of nudity is shown in the movie "Point de fuit" posted at
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,10151.0.html
;-)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:07:36 pm by wartel »

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 03:31:18 pm »
Excellent video..  Thanks for sharing it.

I agree with all points of view brought up in the documentary by Bianca (the girl in the video) but especially the "naturist video" part.

I can't find a purpose for a genuine naturist buying those videos.
How can watching other people spending time naked be interesting and be considered as a part of naturism???

wartel

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »
Yes, I am also very skeptically about these videos. What is the message behind? They seems not to be some kind of art or documentary with some important statement or promoting a certain naturist resort, interviewing people for their opinion, etc. If naturismus should be the statement it could be stated definitely in a better way and in a better form. If naturists are watching the video, what to convince them? And if showing the videos to non-naturists, I do not think showing naked children playing (why is there this focus with childern in the movies?!?) around will convince them. Naturism is a thing you have to experience by your own, just looking at it is not naturism.

Once I was on a journey in New Zealand and I visited a naturist place there. I found a local naturist magazin there. It contained an article of a producer of such videos. He criticised that not more of such movies are produced, but in the whole uncommented articles I have found no reason nor his motivation why he produces these videos at all or what are his ideas or motivation behind it. In contrast, videos periodically posted in this forum definitely have a message. Of course the separation between a video with a message and one without one is fuzzy, which make discussions difficult.

I have read comments where people are stating that it is just innocent naturism, showing normal people doing normal things - just naked and nudity is no great deal.
I thing that a classical misunderstanding of naturism. Nudity is a great deal! It is a great experience if you are practising naturism, but it remains something special - just because making the experience a great one. And it is still a personal thing, and I would definitely feel uncomfortable knowing myself within such a video that is shown to people I have no chance to directly interact, which would be okay if there is a clear statement behind, a statement I can stand to, a message that I could bring to these people - but without?

And of course, the other things that came into the mind of the girl but is not spoken out loudly, is the sexual aspect. I have written some ideas about that in my previous post. But for some reason the ideas do not fit very well in the context of the videos. Maybe it is because of the asymmetric relation of watching and showing without having possibility of intervene in cases, where it would be necessary?

cu,
wartel
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:49:23 pm by wartel »

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 05:45:32 am »
If someone wants to find out more about football, they buy a video dedicated to football.  If someone wants to take up surfing, they buy a video about surfing.  Therefore the same thing applies if someone wants to take up nudism. 

Nudist videos are meant to be an educational tool about clubs, camps, and beaches that one can visit, and that it's an activity that everyone (well almost everyone) of any age can take part in.  What's wrong with that? 

If a person watches a video with children and sub-teens nude and has sexual thoughts, it's the viewer's problem and they need to get serious professional help.  Not everyone who buys nudist videos with families in them is a paedophile, or a potential paedophile. 

Nudity is only a 'big deal' for those who have been brought up by society to see it as "bad", 'dirty', 'naughty' or 'inappropriate'.  Sadly, in our English speaking cultures many children are raised that way once they turn a certain age. 

I agree that to separate sex and sexuality from nudity completely is the politically-correct position and over-simplifies things, but as a community we have to be on guard against sexually inappropriate and unwanted behaviour. 

I know when to see nudity as a sexual thing and when not to. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:36 am »
If someone wants to find out more about football, they buy a video dedicated to football.  If someone wants to take up surfing, they buy a video about surfing.  Therefore the same thing applies if someone wants to take up nudism.

Nudist videos are meant to be an educational tool about clubs, camps, and beaches that one can visit, and that it's an activity that everyone (well almost everyone) of any age can take part in.  What's wrong with that? 
I think that is the point. The videos they are criticizing appear to be fairly low on the educational end. Otherwise, would it not be hypocritical to say "nudist" videos are for perverts while appearing in a nudist video production oneself? DoaTN is clearly a production that aims to be very educational. Anonymous naked bodies jumping around in an unnamed setting are usually not.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline bunnyrabbit

• <3
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

I think that is the point. The videos they are criticizing appear to be fairly low on the educational end. Otherwise, would it not be hypocritical to say "nudist" videos are for perverts while appearing in a nudist video production oneself? DoaTN is clearly a production that aims to be very educational. Anonymous naked bodies jumping around in an unnamed setting are usually not.

Like Delta said, it's not about videos like one posted here, there seem to be a lot videos showing people doing everyday stuff, or enjoying vacation in the buff. What is the point of that?

If I want to find out something more about things I buy a book, search the Web or start practicing/discussing it with others.
I wold never try to learn something via video.

Offline NakedKiwi

• Nude with Towel
  • Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:05:09 am »
A very interesting documentary, thank you.
Happy to chat on MSN / ICQ / Skype / email
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 211