Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Worst Sequel Ever  (Read 17355 times)

mikeinchch

Re: Worst Sequel Ever
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 08:28:31 am »
And lets not forget the Matrix sequels. Quite how one of the most innovative films of its time was reduced to cliched guff is beyond me.

The Matrix sequel(s) are the ones that always stick in my mind ... I LOVED the original film - a fantastic story with great special effects - which was then ruined by two 'average' sequels that just didn't measure up.  It had some elements that made it look like it was going to be a great triology, but sadly it didn't really deliver what I was expecting.

Oh, and all the Highlander sequels - just idiotic.  There was NEVER another movie here.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »
The Matrix sequel(s) are the ones that always stick in my mind ... I LOVED the original film - a fantastic story with great special effects - which was then ruined by two 'average' sequels that just didn't measure up.  It had some elements that made it look like it was going to be a great triology, but sadly it didn't really deliver what I was expecting.

The Matrix's story was cliché and average but the execution was perfect and it's overall a great movie. I loved it.

But the ending was pretty dumb and let no place to a decent sequel. After the big deal of the red and blue pill and how you just can't unplug someone like that from the Matrix even if it's The One and it has to be chosen of your own free will, scumbag Neo decides to just unplug everyone at once without asking them and without them being prepared one bit for what was coming.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 02:12:41 am »
Phenomenon 2 - straight to DVD and for good reason! John Travolta's character died at the end of the first one and the second film essentially plays on the same idea as the first with a different person, complete waste of time!

Also Silence of the Lambs is a classic, I didn't mind Hannible so much but perhaps Red Dragon was too far?

Haha, just thought of one of the worst - Titanic 2!
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:32 am »
The Iron Eagle sequels were pretty bad.  The first one is a rather simplistic 1980s fighter jet movie.  But it had a great soundtrack, some good areal footage for the time, memorable characters, a good cast & generally stands up as a fun, if silly movie.

******Spoilers Ahead*******

Iron Eagle II opens by killing off the main character from the first movie in the first few minutes.  This was done because actor Jason Gedrick was committed to another movie during the time they wanted to film.  They fill the role of young hot shot pilot with Doug's former wingman, who is a played by an actor who lacks Gedrick's charisma and screen presence.  The climax is lifted almost totally out of the original Star Wars except having the fighter jets fly through a desert canyon rather than a trench on the Death Star.  The soundtrack is filled with forgettable songs from wannabe rock & rollers and pales in comparison to the classic songs from the first movie.

Aces: Iron Eagle III gives us a dumb plot about four WWII aces from the US, Japan, Germany & The UK teaming up to take on some central American druglord in vintage WWII aircraft.  The action scenes are often fake & cartoony looking.  The supporting cast is bad with a wisecracking "gangsta" stereotype who mostly talks in catch phrases that sound like they were written by a 50 year old white guy trying to imagine what a hip 20 year old black guy would say.  Former female body building champ Rachel McLish plays a sort of Sarah Connor meets Rambo tough action hero & you get about what you'd expect when you cast a body builder in an acting role.  Some of the areal sequences with the old planes are cool, but the idea of arming those craft with modern ordinance is ridiculous and looks it on screen.  Also it changes continuity from the other movies, casting Chappy as a WWII ace.  The movie is set in 1992 while he and the other aces aren't nearly old enough to have been pilots during WWII. 

Iron Eagle IV was a direct to cable movie with a budget to match.  They decide to bring Doug (main character from the first movie) back from the dead by saying that he ejected before his plane blew up at the beginning of part II but than spent several years in a Russian KGB prison.  The plot is he and Chappy trying to run a flight school for troubled youth so we get a supporting cast of mostly annoying "bad kids who just need to be reached" stereotypes.  They couldn't get Jason Gedrick to return as Doug so they recast the character with some other actor.  The areal sequences are pretty lame thanks to the movie's cable-TV budget and the only action with real fighter jets was stock footage obviously reused from the first two movies.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »
I think betman and robin ranks amongst the worst films ever. Not just sequels. Lol
what's to say?

Offline markysd

• Love to chat!
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:09 am »
All the Star Wars sequels sucked.  The dude needs to just stop screwing around with his movies.

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:04 am »
All the Star Wars sequels sucked.  The dude needs to just stop screwing around with his movies.

Agreed... and now they are in 3D... WHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!

Offline blu333y3s

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:53 am »
I recently saw MI 4 at the moonlight cinema.. I really hope it is the worst movie I see all year!

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »

Agreed... and now they are in 3D... WHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!

Because somehow people keep giving him money. Stop and he'll go away.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Westernyelp

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:18 pm »
The Matrix was a great movie, but the sequels got worse as they went along

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:10 pm »
YEah. They just bacame pretentious and ott. Also kianu reaves (or however you spell it) has no tallent at all.
what's to say?

Offline Nick_SA

• Nick
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Great to be here.
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 02:02:25 pm »
Guys, if you think those straight to DVD-Movies were bad, then you should watch Scorpion King 3, watched it last night, it was not even related to the first movie. None of the same actors, no budget. The all out war scenes had like 50 people in it, and like 2 elephants. The support actor was played by a guy who is a Jack Black look-a-like, and Baptista from WWE was in for like 10 mins or so.
Great to be here.

Stuart

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »
Guys, if you think those straight to DVD-Movies were bad, then you should watch Scorpion King 3, watched it last night, it was not even related to the first movie. None of the same actors, no budget. The all out war scenes had like 50 people in it, and like 2 elephants. The support actor was played by a guy who is a Jack Black look-a-like, and Baptista from WWE was in for like 10 mins or so.

Its usually a good idea to avoid any film that has 3 at the end of the title. Even more so if the first one was a spin off from another franchise!

Offline shinyadam

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »
I like the new star wars films as well as the older ones but jarjar is awful.

I thought Idniana Jones 4 was good too.

I think some of the underworld sequels arnt as good as the 1st one

Adam

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 08:22:59 pm »
I quite liked indi 4 too. Star wars 2 and three were ok but I found anakin a bit of a moaning brat. I hate episode 1. Pirates of the carribbean is the same. I love one and four, two is ok but three is aweful. Too much cg and not enough story.
what's to say?