Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Worst Sequel Ever  (Read 17346 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Worst Sequel Ever
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:08 pm »
Besides Highlander 2 (which is so bad they pretend it doesn't exist for 3),

Every Highlander movie / series / cartoon contradicts all the others.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 06:04:11 am »
Well, yes, but 2 moreso than the others.

Mostly the others just fail at the 'there can be only one!' concept.
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

DoozerUK

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 10:32:51 am »
This thread reminds me of an Edinburgh Festival show by the comic Thom Tuck called "Thom Tuck Goes Straight to DVD", which is about the 54 awful straight-to-DVD disney sequels. Gems such as "Simba's Pride. Return of Jafar" and "Cinderella III: A Twist in Time".
Not watched any myself but apparently they are hilariously bad.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 01:27:07 am »
I realized we forgot the second worst example (first one being highlander), the sequels to First Blood have nothing to do with with original movies.

First blood is an amazing psychological thriller. It's sequels are Rambo II, Rambo III and Rambo.

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2012, 07:23:55 am »
You beat me, I was going to say the Rambo sequels too.  Fist Blood was great, but the sequels after it were so stupid.  I did however like the last Rambo.  But I heard, it might be just a rumor, but I heard that Stallone is working on a true sequel to first blood, in which John Rambo is called back into active duty to hunt down a young special forces veteran of Afghanistan who has a PTSD episode and goes on a rampage in some small Washington State town (that will of course be filmed in B.C.)  Essentially bringing the whole franchise full circle.  Which is kind of cool, unfortunately that plot has been done so many times since First Blood.  Especially in the 2003 movie The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro, which has a similar plot to what I just described.

As to what I think of as the worst sequels ever.  Nothing can beat movies that are so bad they completely destroy, or at least derail, huge successful film franchises.  Like: Batman and Robin, Alien Resurrection, Star Trek: Nemesis, Die another Day, X-Men 3, and Spiderman 3.  Movies so bad there was no repairing the damage those films did to their franchises necessitating full resets/reboots/prequels.  It's not all bad though, after all we did get the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy (awesome), the Daniel Craig Bond movies (so far so good), X-Men First Class (great), Ridley Scotts Prometheus (Ok), The J. J. Abrams Star Trek (meh...), and the Amazing Spiderman (whatever).  Which we wouldn't have gotten had those franchises not hit rock bottom before hand.

Another terrible sequel that other people have already mentioned, Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  But at least that piece of shit movie gave us a term for the film equivalent of "Jumping the Shark": "Nuking the Fridge"

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2012, 07:59:01 am »
You beat me, I was going to say the Rambo sequels too.  Fist Blood was great, but the sequels after it were so stupid.  I did however like the last Rambo.  But I heard, it might be just a rumor, but I heard that Stallone is working on a true sequel to first blood, in which John Rambo is called back into active duty to hunt down a young special forces veteran of Afghanistan who has a PTSD episode and goes on a rampage in some small Washington State town (that will of course be filmed in B.C.)  Essentially bringing the whole franchise full circle.

My preference would go to a remake following the novel closer. Hollywood used to be very careful around the kind of moral ambiguity the book had but given all the morally ambiguous blockbusters, I'd say it'd go pretty well now.

Offline nudegaming

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2012, 01:35:07 am »
For the title of worst sequel ever I would say Iron Eagle II.  The original Iron Eagle was utterly terrible and the sequel found new depths.

Offline nakedtraveler

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
I love the movie "The Sandlot". It was one of my all time favorite movies when i was young and still regard it as a great movie. They came out with a sequel that was absolutely trash. I dont even regard it as a sequel or tie it with the original movie. But it has to be one of the worst movies ever made.

fsjm2112

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 04:37:39 am »
T :3145 The sequel to The Sandlot is horrible! Besides that, one pops into my mind immediately. Dumb and Dumberer..The title says it all! I cant stand to watch 20 minutes of this move!

mikeisnude

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 08:51:02 pm »
T :3145 The sequel to The Sandlot is horrible! Besides that, one pops into my mind immediately. Dumb and Dumberer..The title says it all! I cant stand to watch 20 minutes of this move!

Yeah its a terrible movie.  but then I cant think of any movie jeff daniels was in thats any good.

fsjm2112

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »
Yeah its a terrible movie.  but then I cant think of any movie jeff daniels was in thats any good.

That movie is terrible but I was thinking of Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry met Lloyd. Its not with the original cast and is even worse than Dumb and Dumberer. In Jeff Daniels defense, his role in Speed, alothough not a main role, was pretty good.

mikeisnude

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2012, 02:23:50 am »

That movie is terrible but I was thinking of Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry met Lloyd. Its not with the original cast and is even worse than Dumb and Dumberer. In Jeff Daniels defense, his role in Speed, alothough not a main role, was pretty good.

:324  yeah maybe you do have a point with Speed

_tomo_

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2012, 09:35:23 am »

Stuart

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 02:24:51 pm »
:324  yeah maybe you do have a point with Speed

Good point.

Speed 2.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 06:51:31 pm »

I liked him in Gettysburg!