General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Pitti's Book Club

What's your favorite book?

<< < (24/25) > >>

Interested Nudist:

--- Quote from: nakedreader on February 05, 2021, 08:46:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Interested Nudist on February 05, 2021, 01:48:53 am ---
--- Quote from: nakedreader on February 04, 2021, 07:51:17 pm ---"1984" is of course also very readable.

Orwell wrote the book in 1948, but a lot has now become a reality (surveillance, censorship, etc.).
"Big brother is watching you!"

--- End quote ---

I had to read 1984 in my freshman year. What did you think of it?

--- End quote ---

I first read the book when I was 12 out of boredom. It opens your eyes.
The book makes you realize how valuable freedom is. You feel free, but you are not free.

I can recommend it to everyone.

--- End quote ---

Yeah and you especially see how much it applies to your real world. I mean in America, the NSA spies on nearly everyone, probably keeping a detailed database on everyone. There is little privacy from the government. While our society is not nearly as bad as the one shown in 1984, it is  important to think how much power and freedom can be given up to a government. Makes you value the freedom you have a lot more, that's for sure.

pogo1223:
I think my favorite book of all time is "We were invincible" by Denis Morisset and Claude Coulombe.
It talks about the Canadian Special Forces from the point of view of one of its members, who is one of the writers.
Apparently, what is said in the book has been called a lie by our government, which makes it even more interesting to read because it really is realistic and I'm pretty sure most of it is true, regardless of our gov's opinion.

hilda:
the books of lovecraft

Biomor:
I think the Dresden Files Series is ,y favorite.

Jr1994:
Just re-read 'What if its us' bu Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli. Great LGBT+ with a sequel coming out in December. There's 2 main characters with an author writing for each character. Really enjoyed it.

Next on the re-read list: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version