Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Video: My daughter, The Teenage Nudist (A British Documentary)  (Read 33472 times)

Offline tomhere

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Tom & Tash
  • Referrals: 0
Video: My daughter, The Teenage Nudist (A British Documentary)
« on: January 13, 2012, 09:53:25 am »
On first viewing, what stuck in my mind was Darren being shown having hair removed from his rear end. That was unexpected :879 an ooouch moment for me. We thought Darren's cousin was a true star and a good sport :123456 but thumbs up :e4444 to everyone who took part.

I learn't some stuff and was gerenerally encouraged. We'll need to watch it again before being able to comment properly.
Tom & Tash here. We're never bored despite seldom having anything on!

Offline MERRD

• Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
    • My Interview on IYNO
Re: Video: My daughter, The Teenage Nudist (A British Documentary)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:18 am »
Twas entertaining! Not the best I have ever seen. But I think the story of Mollie was amazing. How easygoing she was and how she got all of her friends to come along - some of them tried nudity while others kept the clothes on - and either way it was good. I think that for me, that was the main message!

Oh, and the Abbey House Gardens looked fantastic. Anyone of our members have been there?
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
I'm currently being mean to objecters on the comments under the Telegraph article. I don't usually, but I just felt like it :P

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9011160/My-Daughter-the-Teenage-Nudist-Channel-4-review.html

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:12 am »
Which is right where I found that... description...
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:16:25 am »
I downloaded other release (C4TV), which has a much better description:

Documentary following Mollie and Alex, who are part of a growing group of  teenagers and twentysomethings embracing public nudity away from designated places. Their aim is to normalise naturism and question the media's apparent obsession with perfect bodies. The programme asks why this lifestyle is gaining in popularity and finds out what parents think about their offspring revealing all in the most public of places.
A nova geração.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:23:42 am »
Me, too. I do not need HD for informational content. The SD release is for those that do not require hi-res ogling. Which I hope applies to most of us.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline NakedKiwi

• Nude with Towel
  • Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:48 am »
That was a really interesting one, thanks for the link!

Go the Naked Vegan Cooks!
Happy to chat on MSN / ICQ / Skype / email
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 211

Offline rrs9

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 03:53:51 am »
Just watched it. Thought it was pretty good. I am going to give it to all my open minded friends and see what they think.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 06:32:24 am »
If you download Expat Shield, that is available from CNET, you can watch it from outside the UK right from the source on Channel 4 Video On Demand.
Thanks.

I just finished it. I thought it was great and was the first of the naturist documentaries I felt gave a good picture of the modern youth push in the naturist movement since it didn't focus too much on camps like docs on the subject tend to do.

A few things I found interesting were:

-Mollie's friend not being comfortable topfree in front that young boy. Goes to show you how ingrained that attitude is even with people that (apparently) would otherwise go nude.

-I was glad to see the police officer didn't react like police here would likely react to Alex going topfree.

-It was weird they described Daryl's grooming habits as being more appealing to the people he hopes to recruit. The narration sends mixed messages.

And that great line in the skinny dipping part at the garden "what would your mum think?" "Who gives a shit?"  :786

All in all I thought it was very well done. I would've expected more focus on Mollie with the title being what it is, but there's time limitations to deal with.

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 08:30:41 pm »
I rather loved this. Vegan dudes and dudettes you were great in it!

It has made me really want to get proactive in my part of England...

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:53 pm »
I watched it last night.  To be honest, it was okay, not that crash hot but still painted out naturism in the UK as it currently is in an accurate light - namely the established organised naturist movement (i.e. the clubs, Abbey House Gardens and the BN), and the 'free range' naturism such as the boat cruise, the naked arts show and tea party, and the bike rides. 

So far, I've found the critical reviews for the doco in The Metro and The Telegraph to be far from positive and encouraging, and even The Guardian doesn't seem to be all that fussed on it.

There were a few issues I had:

1) The guy barging in on Alex's protest when she was being told to put her shirt back on by the cop.  Badly timed.  She should've asked him "If I was a guy right now, would you still ask to take a photo of me".

2) Clare and Greta.  Both of them are adults, they shouldn't have to go seeking consent or reassurance from anyone to be naturists.  I don't think Greta had anything to worry about with being sexualised in the doco as it was all done above board.  I think it was The Guardian who called Clare a 'free thinker' for being a square peg in a round hole.  Say what??!

3) The hair waxing.  Body hair is natural, and it is given to us for a reason.  I think young people need to stop worrying about it and accept it as being natural if they want to be 'naturists'.  Body hair serves to keep the body warm in cold climates. 

4) The older naturists.  I think that there could've been a scene with them and Mollie and her friends as a round table discussion as to the direction that naturism should take in Britain.  Did the film crew not think about having something like this to make the documentary more interesting?

At least, the documentary drives home the point that nudism and public nudity is slowly beginning to get more acceptance in Britain, but it's going to be still a while before it comes into line with the likes of Germany, Holland, Denmark and the south of France where nudity en masse becomes the norm. 

Nevertheless, well done to all who took part, and I especially found the NVC scenes to be very inspirational.  I've got a life drawing artist friend who is a nudist and has been talking to me about having a gallery this year featuring our work.  I'd like to make it a clothing optional event with some nice herbal tea and vegan snack foods.  :-)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »
I rather loved this. Vegan dudes and dudettes you were great in it!

:3145

Stuart

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 09:25:50 pm »
3) The hair waxing.  Body hair is natural, and it is given to us for a reason.  I think young people need to stop worrying about it and accept it as being natural if they want to be 'naturists'.  Body hair serves to keep the body warm in cold climates. 

Are you saying shaving/waxing stops you being a naturist?

Offline alex7589

• hello!
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Bonjour à tous!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 11:43:35 pm »

Naturism is about freedom, if you want to wax/shave it's personal, and to me it doesn't mean you're not a naturist. I tolerate both.

Great show by the way! :)
Simon

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 04:09:18 am »

Naturism is about freedom, if you want to wax/shave it's personal, and to me it doesn't mean you're not a naturist. I tolerate both.

Great show by the way! :)
I do some grooming in those areas. But as comfortable as I get with myself, I don't think I could ever be comfortable getting on my back/all fours and having some stranger wax those areas. Props to him for being that comfortable.