Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cherokee Lodge & Resort in Crossville, Tennessee  (Read 4522 times)

Camper

Cherokee Lodge & Resort in Crossville, Tennessee
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »
We have a new website, and the club will be celebrating its 20th anniversary this spring.  I hope some of you can visit!

http://www.cherokee-lodge.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherokee-Lodge-Resort/142004509152309

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:10:54 pm by Camper »

Offline J.R.

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Cherokee Lodge & Resort in Crossville, Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:27:08 pm »
I plan to visit here next week!

Offline Brad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 05:09:57 am »
Is Cherokee Lodge now Davy Crockett Campground, which would make it a non nudist venue? :confused I plan on going to Tennessee soon and was trying to see if there were any good camping areas or resorts to stay at. I know of Rock Haven Lodge but it doesn't open to non members until April 17th.

Offline J.R.

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:46 am »
Unfortunately, they did close down last summer. I'd heard that it had been on the decline for a while. We tried to go to Rock Haven, but when we emailed them, we got a very weird, dismissive response. There's a great club in South Carolina called Carolina Foothills Resort, but Tennessee is lacking at the moment. I've heard The founder of the Florida Young Naturists lives in Nashville, so maybe that will change soon though. 

Offline VandyFan08

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:15 pm »
J.R., can you tell me what you mean by a "weird, dismissive response?"  I'm relatively new to Nashville and was looking at going to Rock Haven this Spring once it warmed up.  As there are essentially no other options (other than freehiking, which I do from time to time) in central Tennessee, I'd be bummed out if they weren't particularly reception to new people on day passes...

Offline J.R.

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »
Sure. I sent an inquiry about a visit last summer. The manager responded the next day with essentially "someone emailed me about this last week. Are you the same person?" When I responded "No," she never responded with any answers to my questions. God forbid more than one younger couple want to visit the resort I guess.

Offline Brad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:58 am »
J.R thank you for the information. That is a weird response from Rock Haven. The only thing I can think of is maybe the manager was a bit older and does not have the best knowledge of email and how it works, or they are just weird. I would give them a call but they wont be open otherwise I would give them a try and report back.

Offline VandyFan08

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 09:51:20 pm »
Thanks J.R.  Kind of my feeling as well since you would think a business like this would want new customers of all stripes. With that being said, I'm going to try to contact them when they open for spring and will report back.

Offline VandyFan08

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 02:36:30 pm »
Thought I would pop back on here and give a review of the day I spent yesterday at Rock Haven Lodge in Murfreesboro, TN.  I called a day ahead and spoke to a nice lady who was very informative about the resort.  Better yet, I asked if they offered a youth or student discount and they do.  For anyone under 35, its only $5 for a day pass.  Cheaper than your local pool!

I drove the 45 minutes out there and pulled up to the gate.  You are buzzed in and then meet Sue at the office.  She is older (which may explain some of the weird email responses mentioned above) but overall really friendly.  She gave me a map of the grounds and sent me on my way.

After parking my car, getting naked, and grabbing my things, I headed on my way to the pool.  It was a sunny day and there were plenty of chairs by the pool to lounge in the sun as well as some chairs that were in shade by the trees.  There weren't very many people there (primarily because it was Thursday at 10:00a) but I did end up meeting 6-7 people over the course of the 4 hours or so I was there.  Everyone was very nice but the group tended to skew older (think 50+, probably again because it was a Thursday afternoon).  Not once did it seem like I was odd man out due to being the youngest by about half. 

As I was leaving, it seemed that a few more people were coming to the pool so I think that on a weekend it might get busier.  One other thing I forgot to mention is they do have a walking trail, country store, and bathhouses.  You can camp there if you want as well.  Overall, it was a great day and I would recommend anyone in the nearby area to check it out.

INnudeguy

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »
Sounds great and once again my theory is supported by a review from a younger nudists.  That theory being that just because there are older nudists does not mean you can't enjoy yourself or have fun talking to them.

Offline J.R.

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 08:14:38 am »
That's good to know. In looking at the Aanr website, the closest reputable club looked to be in Indiana! This is the summer I'd like to start frequenting a place, so maybe we'll see you there sometime.