Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Inglorious Basterds now "Inglorious"???  (Read 2276 times)

randomer909

Inglorious Basterds now "Inglorious"???
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:49:45 pm »
Ever since Ive seen the trailer for Inglorious Basterds, I knew I had to see it. But there now, I just saw a TV Trailer for it there now and it just said the movie was called INGLORIOUS?!?!?! Does anyone know why???

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Inglorious Basterds now "Inglorious"???
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:24:43 pm »
Probably the channel refused to show a trailer with the word "bastards" in it.

randomer909

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:49:05 pm »
Probably the channel refused to show a trailer with the word "bastards" in it.
Your probably right cuz later on that night I saw the trailer again with basterds in it. This was a stupid question lol :45

Offline Kez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:07:31 pm »
theres 2 trailers one for before the waterhed and one after
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are...

Offline Luke M

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:48:21 am »
This movie was great. Absolutely loved it.

sydney25

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:38:29 pm »
Any film with a title such as Inglorious Bastards I have to see. A must  :rolleyes:

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »
If you are a fan of Quentin Tarantino's work at all... you will LOVE this film!!!!  I'd actually rate it right up there with Pulp Fiction

Lisa2408

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »
Inglorious Bastards I saw when I was in the hospital.
I can not understand that when people are killed in a bestial way, cheers came from the audience.
I think the movie just disgusting.
Sorry, that's my opinion about this film .... he glorifies violence and only legalized the war and the torture of defenseless people.

Lisa2408

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 12:21:56 pm »
WW II was beginning in Europe at the 1. Sept. 1939 and was ending at the 8. May 1945.

The start of the war is generally held to be September 1, 1939 with the German invasion of Poland, although Britain and France entered two days later. Other dates for the beginning of war include the Japanese invasion of Manchuria on September 13, 1931, the start of the Second Sino-Japanese War on July 7, 1937, or one of several other events. Other sources follow A. J. P. Taylor, who holds that there was a simultaneous Sino-Japanese War in East Asia, and a Second European War in Europe and her colonies, but they did not become a World War until they merged in 1941; at which point the war continued until 1945. This article uses the conventional dating.

The end of the War also has several dates. Some sources state that it ended at the armistice of August 14, 1945, rather than the formal surrender of Japan (September 2, 1945); in some European histories, it ended on V-E Day (May 8, 1945). The Treaty of Peace with Japan was not signed until 1951

Stuart

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 01:03:06 pm »
sorry! i was being a bit rhetorical...  :45
but yeah that answers my point exactly - WW2 was aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago and they're still making movies about it... what's that all about? :345

It could be a while before they stop. 300 was about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC!

Fra_Diavolo

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 07:15:34 pm »
At this time, we see growing an evergreen Subgenre of the "Nazi" film experiences. After the thriller („operation of Valkyrie“, with Tom Cruise starring), to the dear drama („the reader “), to the Jewish epic ("Defiance") and the children's film ("The Boy in the Striped Pajamas") remains Tarantino with his latest work.

Besides, the German synchronous version apparently ignores that the name "Nazis" is used in the English original alternating with "Germans"; a destructive "Nazi" is for the "Bastards" already every any occupying soldier. For such a draft the primitive picture which the film of the second world war draws is of course an unavoidable basis. Their whole stupidity appears meanwhile already in the fact that in all fronts of the war just the cruelty of the partisans brought the spiral of power and counterpower for rotating, while they did not provoke less cruel repayment.