Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Pokemon  (Read 5370 times)

simonalexander2005

Re: Pokemon
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:59 pm »
I have to say I have played since yellow, and love all of the games. RSE are the most annoying to play IMHO, mainly because of the huge amount of water routes - that mixed with my inability to visit any route without covering everywhere in it and it makes for alot of surfing! (and max repels to get rid of all those level 5 tentacool...)

Really? I loved all those games for thier simple quest and silly side missions, theirs just so much to do!

I have to agree there - for me it's not about catching all of them (although I am trying to do that on diamond, so I can say that I've done it...), but more about doing all the side-quests and so on - I loved the trick house in RSE.

[T]he Platinum version improved loads on fire types, with extra addins.

yeah definitely - there was some great extras there!

And apparently the new HGSS are very awesome, and look stunning in my opinion.

They certainly look it... and you can have a pokemon follow you around! Glad they brought that back, I miss the good ol' days of Pikachu...

Riot.EXE

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 05:00:51 am »
I played for a different reason, and a lot of the new stuff didn't really appease that reason anymore.  Plus, since the series went online, players turned it into smash brothers and shit adding all these crazy rules and whatnot.  It took a lot of the fun out of it for me...

Sidequests aren't bad when they help out in the long run (in Pokemon's case, levelling up more to take on stronger opponents)...but when that doesn't happen, it's a waste to me...I mean if someone was NEW to the series, then it's great...it all just wore on me I guess and I started noticing a lot of things I wasn't happy with.

...but lets be real here :423 we all just want Nintendo/Game Freak to make a damn Pokemon MMO already...but...friggin' friend codes...

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 09:09:54 am »
Oh yeah, thats what I'm wanting the most. Massive Poke world! And each new game/pokemon can be added in extensions.

And maybe then we'll see the end of friend codes once and for all

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 02:02:35 pm »
I believe that is what everyone would want.. But then the problem of competitive players ruining the fun for more casual participants, building a story around the evil team of the region and what to do with legendaries comes up.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline canadianguy16

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »
i was a huge fan as a kid. now not so much although i do still play the games

the anime series was good up until johto which is when i stopped watching it, although thanks to the internet maybe i can check up on it

the TCG was fun. i didnt battle or anything but i traded and collected. i still collect the older cards, not the new ones where theyve changed the whole card layout and stuff

i have every game except for emerald. i havent beaten all the ones i have so if im realllllly bored, i do that. im really anticipating the gold and silver remakes. imo, they were the best games besides diamond/pearl/platinum mainly because of the fact u could go back to the other place from the original games and battle the gym leaders there

Riot.EXE

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 09:53:52 pm »
i was a huge fan as a kid. now not so much although i do still play the games

the anime series was good up until johto which is when i stopped watching it, although thanks to the internet maybe i can check up on it

the TCG was fun. i didnt battle or anything but i traded and collected. i still collect the older cards, not the new ones where theyve changed the whole card layout and stuff

i have every game except for emerald. i havent beaten all the ones i have so if im realllllly bored, i do that. im really anticipating the gold and silver remakes. imo, they were the best games besides diamond/pearl/platinum mainly because of the fact u could go back to the other place from the original games and battle the gym leaders there

This guy gets it.