Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sculpting  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Sculpting
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »
Hi guys,
I was playing Breath of Fire II ages ago and for some reason decided to look into it again a few days ago, and what fascinated me was an item from that game, the Dragon's Tear. In the game, it is a pendant worn by the main character which keeps you informed about the intentions of the people you talk to.
http://spriters-resource.com/snes/breathfire2/sheet/6665
Since I liked the design of it, I wanted to hold something like it in my hands, and maybe even be able to wear it. But how could I replicate it? I thought I should maybe try my hand at sculpting something like that. I have never sculpted anything before and my artistic skills are just about nil, so it would be a pretty daunting task, since it is not the most simple design ever made. But I see it as a challenge, which is why I am giving it a go nevertheless.
My plan to realize it is kinda strange as well, to say the least. At least I believe it would be fairly unorthodox. I am currently building a rough sculpt in play dough, which I then intend to make a cast of which will then be used to cast something in a more conventional modelling clay or stuff like that. Keep in mind I am a beginner at stuff like this and do not have any proper tool for the job, but this is as far as I have come as of today:
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.