Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Denmark: Do it in the nude: public pools offer naked swimming  (Read 42142 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Do it in the nude: public pools offer naked swimming   Jyllands-Posten      March 12, 2012 - 11:03      The employees are the only ones wearing clothes when naturist night takes place in Svømmeland (Swimland) in Aalborg

Letting guests hit the water completely naked is becoming more and more common in Danish public pools. Jens Rasmussen, the chairman of the 1,000-member strong Danish Naturists association, said he was happy about the trend even though it’s limited to certain hours.
“It’s absolutely a positive thing that more public pools give the guests a choice. I would prefer bathing naked to wearing a swimsuit any time,” said Rasmussen, who’s experiencing a growing interest among both swimming clubs and pools to offer naturist swimming. He said the swimming events considering going clothing-free include family swimming, baby swimming, sauna and regular swimming.
Danish Naturists often organise the naked swimming by renting the pools and changing rooms. Currently, those inclined can swim naked in public pools in cities including Esbjerg, Gudkop, Frederiksberg, Herfølge, Durup, Aarhus and Aalborg.
Danish Naturists wants to revolt against what they believe to be an exaggerated focus on nakedness and sexualisation of the body. Instead, the organisation is trying to go back to free ideals of the ‘70s, according to Rasmussen.
“To most people swimsuits are considered normal, but I think very few people actually think that swimsuits are that nice per se,” he said. “I have never heard about someone who takes a bath or shower wearing a swimsuit.”
During the summer, most naturists use camping areas and the sea, but in the winter the options are limited to those who don’t want to plunge nude into the cold water. At very few occasions the public pools offer naked swimming themselves. One of these is Svømmeland (Swimland) in Nørresundby, where 120 naturists meet five times during the winter to go to the sauna.
Helle Mathiasen is the hostess at Svømmeland’s naked sauna nights and said the event – which includes a naked dinner - is quite popular.
“The staff is wearing clothes, but everybody else is naked,” she said. “Most guests are around the age of 60, but there are also parents with children, as well as some physically handicapped members.”

From: http://www.cphpost.dk/news/national/do-it-nude-public-pools-offer-naked-swimming

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

john.mowgli

Re: Denmark: Do it in the nude: public pools offer naked swimming
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:02:54 pm »
nice one. I wish I could live in a more naturist friendly country.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »
nice one. I wish I could live in a more naturist friendly country.

I used to think that, then I moved to Germany  :23456

john.mowgli

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:27:14 pm »
haha so it's true about germany?

I would like to move to germany or the netherlands
or one of the scandanavian countries.

Or perhaps somewhere in France as I speak the language
to a degree.

All my skills are artistic/creative so it's hard to find anything other
than a freelance basis.

I would be looking for barwork/hostel work, that kind of thing.

Stuart

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:44:26 pm »
haha so it's true about germany?

There's naked people FKKing everywhere in Munich. Take a walk down the river on a hot day and you'll see plenty.

john.mowgli

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:51:36 pm »
which are the best parts of germany for naturists?

oh and which are also the best for artists?

Stuart

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »

I only know Bavaria, been living here almost a year, I have a thread about what I've found regarding naturism here - http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,9275.0.html

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:56 pm »
Nude swimming times are nothing strange anywhere in Germany. It is probably easier to find an opportunity for a naked swim than to find a clothed sauna.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

readonly

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 04:30:37 pm »
In general North Sea / Baltic Sea coast for vacation, it's hard to miss FKK beaches there. :wink:
In addition there are many local lakes and thermal baths nationwide offering FKK or CO times. I have at least 3 lakes and 2 thermal baths close by. You may find many of them at nacktbaden.de. I guess the south-west (Baden-Württemberg) and all areas of high population density will be good to find FKK offers.

To stay ontopic: Link to some Danish FKK offers :smiley:

Offline me naturist

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »
Danish are advanced
Hi all, I'm a 20 years old Italian student, I'm a nudist for 2 years but i don't practice that very often, I'm here to know people and place to practice this more often.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »
In general North Sea / Baltic Sea coast for vacation, it's hard to miss FKK beaches there. :wink:
In addition there are many local lakes and thermal baths nationwide offering FKK or CO times. I have at least 3 lakes and 2 thermal baths close by. You may find many of them at nacktbaden.de. I guess the south-west (Baden-Württemberg) and all areas of high population density will be good to find FKK offers.

To stay ontopic: Link to some Danish FKK offers :smiley:
Yeah BW has quite a number of mineralbads (especially in the Stuttgart area)

comporta

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:49:48 pm »

I just may say that I have a passion for Munich. And I would recommend it.

Anyway Berlin is definitely "the" ART CITY of Germany with plenty of things happening in this field and with quite more affordable houses to rent when compared to other german cities. And also fkk friendly. 

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 05:42:42 am »
wish australia was like this .
nude is natural

john.mowgli

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 07:36:04 am »
thanks for the advice guys.

I'm currently looking at the most basic
hostel and bar type jobs in Germany,
the Netherlands etc.

I would love to get a job in another european
country and start a new life so why not somewhere
more naturism friendly?

I've had this pipedream for 2 or 3 years now..hopefully
I can make it work out...

readonly

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 01:12:31 pm »
I would love to get a job in another european country and start a new life so why not somewhere more naturism friendly?
You should try the Netherlands. As a friend of mine from Bavaria says, they are much more open-minded and relaxed concerning nudity and FKK. And both of you have yellow numberplates. :4345