Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 21 Jump Street  (Read 903 times)

AndrewH

21 Jump Street
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:38:46 am »
Just got back from seeing 21 Jump Street, and here's my review!

Channing Tatum plays Greg Jenko and Jonah Hill plays Morton Schmidt. These guys went to high school together, where Schmidt was the smart misfit and Jenko was the dumb jock. They are reunited at the police academy five years after graduation, where they become friends and help each other's weaknesses. After their first arrest goes horribly wrong, they're reassigned to 21 Jump Street, a special police program in which officers with youthful appearances infiltrate high schools and colleges to track down criminal activity. Jenko and Schmidt are sent back to their old high school to find the supplier of a new synthetic drug before it can become available in other schools. Here they're given a chance to relive their high school days and prove themselves as officers.

Everything about this film was extremely well done. The writing was very clever and actually kept me laughing the whole way through, which is saying something considering that I don't find most comedies these days to be all that funny. The editing was very good too. Some parts in which Schmidt and Jenko get high reminded me of Scott Pilgrim, with their 8-bit style and overall randomness. Jonah Hill does an awesome job with his role, and I was pleasantly surprised by Channing Tatum, who I personally don't think is a very good actor. And for those of you who are fans of the TV series, there's a brilliant cameo by Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise, who reprise their original roles.

This movie was quite a ride, and one of the best action comedies I've seen in quite a while. Go see it if you haven't already!

Overall rating: A

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted a review on here in quite some time! College can get crazy busy some times :P But I'll definitely try to post more reviews both here and on my youtube channel when I get the chance!

Westernyelp

Re: 21 Jump Street
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »
Thanks for that, going to go see for myself later