General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > Video Game Lounge

video game soundtracks

(1/39) > >>

Gman707:
Some one had started a thread on video game soundtracks on another form i use and it has been a really interesting thread so i thought id start it here.

The question is what is your favorite video game sound track?

My favorite over all soundtracks are mass effect, halo and final fantasy. Other good ones are skyrim, fallout new vegas and okami. I also own the soundtrack cds to tekken 5 and 6 and street fighter 4. I think these games have the perfect music for a beat em up. Resident evil is very good at using a subtle soundtrack and silence to create tension. 

Music in videogames is more important to me than graphics. It sets the tone, adds to tension and makesset pieces feel more epic.

fsjm2112:
I have to agree with skyrim as it really allows you to feel what is going on in the game. Other than that I love the music in Fallout 3..not really my favorite genre of music but I really enjoyed the music. I also like how games like saints row and GTA allow you to choose the radio station. While it doesnt add to certain scenes or parts of the game, it adds a sense of realism.

Gman707:
Fallouts soundtrack is amazing. It is so mournful most of the time but then there are these cues of  country music that pops up and adds a kind of irony and carry-on-regardless spirit

Ola:
M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-maaaaario!

fsjm2112:

--- Quote from: Gman707 on March 26, 2012, 11:11:00 pm ---Fallouts soundtrack is amazing. It is so mournful most of the time but then there are these cues of  country music that pops up and adds a kind of irony and carry-on-regardless spirit

--- End quote ---
Not sure if you have played Fallout 3(It sound like you have) but a perfect example is the "bingo bango bongo I dont want to leave the congo" song. That will probably look real wierd to most but If youv'e played the game youll know what Im talking about. Now...to find the title....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version