Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Metallica are they going down hill  (Read 9280 times)

Karla

Re: Metallica are they going down hill
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:07 am »
Of course, even musical geniuses are known to sometimes sell out ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._7_%28Prokofiev%29

This symphony represents a turning away from the more dissonant aspects of Prokofiev's music, toward a simpler style, and was premiered as part of a radio program for children. Because of this it has been called the "Children's symphony".[citation needed] Shostakovich expressed admiration for the work, and it may have influenced his 15th symphony.[citation needed]

Most of the symphony is emotionally restrained, nostalgic and melancholy in mood, including the ending of the Vivace final movement. However, Prokofiev was later convinced to add an energetic and optimistic coda, so as to win the Stalin Prize of 100,000 rubles (because of official disapproval, Prokofiev was living in poverty at this time). Before he died, Prokofiev indicated that the original quiet ending was to be preferred.[1]

Offline coonta

• The naked scotsman!
  • Nude with Towel
  • im ross add me on yahoo and we can chat
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 07:25:57 am »
I loved all nightmare long was amazing but after that nada lol
Yep im nude and its freeking sweet

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »
Their newer style appeals to a much broader audience than metal. I recall a Hetfield quote from one of those VH1 Behind the Music docos: "People say we sold out...yeah we sold out, we sold out every venue we played."

They did not sell out Turner Field in Atlanta for their 2003 show.  I know because I was there.  Frankly it was an embarrassing show for them.  Of all people Fred Durst & Limp Bizkit were the standout.  The energy was all wrong.  This was after their ill advised attempt to shut down file sharing & Napster.  Plus the cuts from St Anger were just awful.

I'd been to their concerts before that.  I saw them back in 2000 on their first Summer Sanatorium tour.  They sold out the Georgia Dome in less than an hour & this was before you could get good tickets online; you had to show up at a Ticketmaster location and buy them. 

Offline smokedeeganja

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »
I do believe they are