Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Boxes  (Read 2956 times)

Offline jackAZ

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Boxes
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:44:48 am »
Okay, so I have been a member here since December or so and I have always wondered what the little boxes on the right under peoples' nicknames mean. I thought I would ask. Some have one box others many, some are different colors. I thought maybe they represented how long someone had been a member, or number of posts, but I see some newer members with few posts having lots of boxes and older members with many posts with fewer boxes. Anyway just been curious for a while and tried to read through the wiki help link, but didn't find anything. Probably it is something common to forums, but this is the only one I am on or have ever been a member of, naturist or otherwise so I am not familiar with the layout. Thanks.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Boxes
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:53 am »
Well, you are right that these things, which are... umm... stylized stars... showcase the "rank" of a member. They correspond to a user's title. Mostly, it is post-based, but quite often you will find members with special positions, be it access to the teens area, the girls-only club or just early full access, which is usually granted if we know the person from another place or after some personal talk.
Specifically, any differently-colored star represents a special group. As of now, five green stars symbolize that the person is moderator for the forum you are viewing, while global moderators who are not directly responsible for that board will have six blue stars. Four red stars symbolize an administrator. Not every staff member actively displays his rank, though, for instance Stuart is an admin without any special group.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

wearoscarwilde

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »
I've been wondering that too - thanks for the clarification!

Offline jackAZ

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.. I think I better understand...