Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: My Sister's Keeper - 2009  (Read 1125 times)

innersouth2020

My Sister's Keeper - 2009
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:28:38 pm »
Starring: Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin, Alec Baldwin, Sofia Vassilieva

Genre: Drama

Summary:  Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate, a life and a role that she has never challenged, until now.

Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister, and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves.

My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life, even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Is it worth trying to discover who you really are, if that quest makes you like yourself less? Should you follow your own heart, or let others lead you?

My Review: This movie will pull on your heart strings from the start and is especially touching if you have ever been effected directly by someone with cancer or any other terminal illness.

I have to say I cannot remember a movie whereby every actors performance is possibly the performance of their life, and each of them are convincing and compelling. Cameron Diaz usually plays suck 'fake' roles but this showed a completely different side to her and has really opened my eyes to what potential she has, if only she stops doing so many 'meh' kinda films.

I did see this with a female and a cinema filled with women and couples and all I can say is, sit nearer to a speaker so you can still hear the movie above all the sniffing, crying, blowing of noses, and blubbering lips that this film caused. My friend went through two pocket sized packs of tissues, and possibly my sleeve (I wasn't game to look).

Admittedly I thought this would be a huge Oscar contender however it being released so early means it might not receive the Academy accolades it deserves.

Nude_not_rude

Re: My Sister's Keeper - 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
 :909 :909 funny review Cj, love it! still I think I'll pass on this one, not my kinda flick..... :786