Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudists outraged as naked sunbathing is banned on Cadiz beaches  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Nudists outraged as naked sunbathing is banned on Cadiz beaches

By Sarah Gordon

Exhibitionists hoping for an all-over tan could face hefty fines for stripping off on beaches in Cadiz, Spain.
The popular holiday resort's Town Hall has decided it wants no more naked bodies on the beach and holidaymakers could now face a fine of up to 750 euros for revealing all.
However, the decision has been slammed by outraged members of the public and the Spanish Naturist Federation who have declared the ruling illegal and unconstitutional.
 High price: Sunbathers who strip off for an all-over tan could now be fined up to 750 euros
The vague law has raised questions about whether 'nudism' includes topless sunbathing or if parents would be fined for a naked baby on the beach, as the person responsible for a minor.
In general many bathers questioned said they didn't have a problem with those that wish to frolic about in their birthday suit and disagree with the wholesale banning of the practice.

However, suggestions were made that designated nudist beaches should be assigned in the area.

Stripping off on the beach has been considered legal in Spain for the last two decades and the Naturist Federation claims that the fines could damage the tourism market in the area, as many nudists come from around Europe to enjoy this freedom.

The Spanish Tourist Board estimates that around 1.5million tourists visit Spain every summer with the express aim of practicing naturism.

But Cadiz Town Hall has defended its decision by saying that the beaches are being taken over by nudists, putting off families who use them.
Local police have been passing the message on to sunbathers, but so far no one has been given a fine.

High price: Sunbathers who strip off for an all-over tan could now be fined up to 750 euros

Add your comments Comments (0)No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards.
Add your comment   Name:  Town & Country:  Your name and location will appear next to your comment.Your comments:You have 1000 characters left. We welcome your opinions. This is a public forum. Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1206490/Nudists-outraged-naked-sunbathing-banned-Cadiz-beaches.html

This will be interesting as it plays out.  Please, if so inclined, post your opinion on this on that website comment section. 
Also, note the first word used by Sara (the reporter)?  Give her a shout out! 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Nude_not_rude

Re: Nudists outraged as naked sunbathing is banned on Cadiz beaches
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:40:50 pm »
Yeah...exhibitionists??? WTF? Talk about flagging her stance at the start of the story. Hope they can reverse it when the tourism drops off.

sydney25

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:46:11 pm »
I hope they can reverse it too. A huge blow for naturism  :45

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28:20 pm »
Well, digging deeper, I found a little update and it sounds like things are going to heat up!  Good for the Spanish Naturists!

From: http://www.nerjatoday.com/nerjanews/2009/08/06/controversial-city-ordinance-in-cadiz/

Controversial city ordinance in Cádiz

In Cádiz, a controversial city ordinance banning nudity on beaches could end up in the courts. The Council is proposing a fine of up to €800 for those who bare all.

So far, the nudists have won all the court battles because Spanish Law does not criminalise the practice of nudism in public places. The Ley de Costas (Coastal Law) of 1969, issued during the Franco era, devolved the responsibility for the monitoring of behaviour on the beaches to the local municipalities. However, this law was repealed in 1988 and, therefore, all subsequent attempts to punish nudity have failed in the courts.

The Council is not ruling out the setting up of a special nudist area near Cortadura at a future date.

The Federación Española de Naturistas (Spanish Naturist Federation) argues that the new ordinance is both illegal and unconstitutional because the Council cannot make up rules for ‘crimes’ abolished under the Penal Code. In addition, since the Coastal Act was repealed, it is not up to the Council to act as morality police.

The FEN also contends that the new ordinance does not specify whether ‘topless’ is considered nudity or whether unclothed babies would be considered ‘nudists’.

Paradoxically, if the new ordinance were to be enforced, the situation would arise whereby it would not be illegal to walk to the beach naked, but once arriving at the beach you could be fined.

That last line gets me...so, under law there, an entire group of people could hop out of a bus, nude as the day they were born, walk to the beach and then...have to put on suits to not be fined.  Incredible!

-D

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:19 am »
I agree Danee, that's just insanity! What are they doing  :56789

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:05 am »
I saw no one took the time to post an objection so I did. Comon villagers!  Register with them and post an objection!  Please??

Stuart

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:42:13 am »
I saw no one took the time to post an objection so I did. Comon villagers!  Register with them and post an objection!  Please??

I did, but I haven't been published  :324

I see you have though!  :543

Smoothies

Re: Nudists outraged
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 10:45:14 am »
dear friends, spain has been a very relaxed spot in the world.
as i read about "exhibitionists", it struck me that there could be two issues:
1st: there had been some exhibitionists or even voyeurs with both hands rocking their penis
       whose outrageous behaviour had to be banned - victims are the naturists

for this, we have numerous little events round vienna. for hours they may "work" behind bushes, and then some will even follow you on your way back to the car, they are a real pest. people sometimes get together and throw them out, as they would not f...-off, not even with us shouting and cursing on them - these are all dressed up and kind of stalkers.
birgit and i were even chased by car for 15 kilometers, one eveneing, as we went back on a motorway. i could only get him off by slowing down abruptly and leaving the motorway at apoint when he had already passed th way out.
scenes like the one may happen in many parts of the nude world, they are disgusting and i could well imagine a community rather close the beach than having to chase stalkers.

2nd: there is a campaign being started with putting nasty terms on naked people - in order to make naturism unacceptable and consequently ban it as a whole. naturists are, in a sense, rebellions. a society that tends to control and ban individualists, will hardly accept nudists, as they represent freedom and caring about each other - nudists are contradictory to regimes of that kind.

for the second issue i have an example - austrian print media reported a trivial car accident. one driver was reported naked inside the car. they wrote, the naked driver was mentally insane. result: they want to suggest that crazy people who drive a car naked will cause an accident. a naked driver whop causes an accident must be insane. a driver who is naked must be insane and therefore will cause an accident. BINGO! "stop insane nudies", "kill the insane killer", and do feel righteous and thrilled like 70 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:57:24 am by Smoothies »

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 03:24:10 pm »
So far, the nudists have won all the court battles because Spanish Law does not criminalise the practice of nudism in public places. The Ley de Costas (Coastal Law) of 1969, issued during the Franco era, devolved the responsibility for the monitoring of behaviour on the beaches to the local municipalities. However, this law was repealed in 1988 and, therefore, all subsequent attempts to punish nudity have failed in the courts.

Maybe they should build places, "resorts" or something, for those weirdos who seem to enjoy sunbathing and playing in their wet sweaty "swimwear"... There they could do all the "clothy-dipping" and get all the "untan-lines" they want without bothering us normal and sane people!...... 
:345678

Joke appart, I can't believe the so-called "journalist" shamelessly calls us "frolicking exhibitionists" and gets away with it.