Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Genealogy  (Read 6662 times)

BellaJordan

Re: Genealogy
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 03:47:38 pm »
I started doing mine on ancestry this morning.

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 09:43:31 am »
my grandma does Genealogy but I do get irritated when I have to take and review notes before she gets to the point

"your grandfathers uncle's father in law's gay cousin's sister was named Justin too!"

Offline robbington

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 07:20:02 am »
I had an aunt (died maybe 2 years ago) that was really into it. She had binders and binders of it in her basement. I never really paid attention to it because I was young and didn't care. But by the age that I was old enough to care/find it interesting, I realized that I didn't like her or her side of the family.

She died and I haven't talked to my cousins since. I wonder if they event kept all of the records.

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 08:07:21 pm »
The best advice I can give is ask your parents and grandparents now. It's shocking how fast you can lose information about even your grandparents or even parents. Because my mom's parents died when she was 14/16 she has no clue about her grandparents, and she had no contact with her aunts and has no clue about any cousins she has since her parents weren't from the US. Americans are spoiled in that we have really great records.

lock7235

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 12:13:33 pm »
I always talk to my mum about this stuff but have never looked to much into it. I am a first generation Australian my dad was born and raised in Ireland and as far as I know they were all pretty much farmers. But my mums side is interesting she was born in New Zealand but my grandad was from Austria and my nanny was born there and is half Maori (mum) and we think half Scottish (dad), But she was raised by her Dad who adopted her after she was born and raised who was from Macau. So I would like to start looking but have got a clue how.