Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Euro 2012  (Read 4148 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Euro 2012
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:08 pm »
I was suprised to see that there was no thread for Euro 2012 when I wanted to cheer about England taking the lead against France. So anyway I decided to make one. Who do you want and who do you think will win? Also feel free to comment on matches and anything else related to the tournament.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

DoozerUK

Re: Euro 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
I reckon it will be a 1-1 draw ...  :23456

_tomo_

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »
I'm watching it... my favorites are Germany

like England team, but todays play it was horrible, nothing happened, all they do (both team) they stood there and watch the ball. i know that this is though group and both needed points, but come on. (no offence)

comporta

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:09 am »
I was up to begin a thread about 2012, but nice that you (Chris) gave the kick-off!

Anyway, I think that Germany has a good chance to win this Euro. Organized and compact team with plenty playmakers that don't loose the patience easily when looking for the goal.

Italy - Spain was the best match that I saw until now and it surprised me the capacity of Italy to regenerate from a very difficult situation that his coach had with the lack of players available to choose.

Spain seemed several points below the expected and Portugal suffers from a quite traditional lack of killer instinct when it comes to put the ball on the net.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:26:16 am »
From what I can see thus far, Italy may just be the dark horse in this tournament.  Hear alot of talk about Germany and Spain being the odds on favorites.  Still early in the tourney, but I think the favorites (whomever they may be) will emerge very soon.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Karla

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 05:36:30 am »
It was good to watch Germany play while actually living in Germany. Although sometimes I wasn't sure if the commentator was saying a German word I didn't know who the name of a player.

_tomo_

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:25:20 am »
what an outcome of the group A - two teams of the group who were favorites are now going home - Poland and Russia

what do you think about tonight's matches?
Portugal vs. Netherlands ( tonight Portugal has better chances of winning but despite that NED still can theoretical go trough by winning this match)
Denmark vs. Germany ( it will be a hard game, but i think the germans will win)

comporta

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 04:54:16 pm »
what an outcome of the group A - two teams of the group who were favorites are now going home - Poland and Russia

what do you think about tonight's matches?
Portugal vs. Netherlands ( tonight Portugal has better chances of winning but despite that NED still can theoretical go trough by winning this match)
Denmark vs. Germany ( it will be a hard game, but i think the germans will win)

Portugal vs. Netherlands i think given holland knows they have to win they will go all out attack and get the win in a tough game or im hoping so since ive placed a bet that has them winning lol
I hope u hadn't betted too much money on that! :345678
I believe in a draw; we will see in a couple of hours how it went...

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »
think it will be the same final as in 2004. spain vs germany
but with a different winner
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »
Well, it is not a matter of towel-throwing, it is more how the rules are. 90 minutes of regular play divided into two halves, and then one of several tie breakers if the score is currently at a draw. The currently most common standard is a 30-minute extension divided into two halves, then five penalty kicks for each team (taking turns), then single penalty kicks until one team scores while the other misses. There have historically been other tie breakers such as the golden goal (that is to say they continue playing until a single goal is scored or until a time limit is reached, at which point they will proceed with another tie breaker). That is about all I know about association football, though.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Karla

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 06:05:56 am »
As an American, I very rarely pay any attention to European soccer or soccer in general, however I did happen to watch nearly the entirety of the England v. Italy game earlier this week. 120 minutes with zero goals. I passed out at a certain point and when I woke up the score board said 2-2 and I couldn't believe 1) something had happened and 2) I had missed it, but then I realized that even they had thrown in the towel and moved on to penalty kicks. In fairness, I got unlucky and watched a game with no goals which I suppose is a rarity, but it amazes me that it's the most watched sport in the world.

You were lucky to pass out. I gave up and started reading a book.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 07:08:58 am »
not into soccer that much but i do watch the odd game .
nude is natural

comporta

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:49:50 am »
My money is on a Germany v Spain final with Germany to win!

we will see in a matter of hours who will be the first team to reach the final. I hope you havent put too much bucks on that! :65

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:44 am »
Germany will obviously finish second place. I mean, many of the players are from a club that has just finished second in three different competitions.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

readonly

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »
All depends if Ronaldo brings his "A" game doesn't it!  :wink:

Half-time break

He'll be back home tomorrow. :cool: