Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 32305 times)

Offline AsfelNine

• Awesome
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Loving Life To The Fullest
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:26 pm »
well, Clara is already wrapped up in it since she met the doctor earlier in the 7th season, but I think it will still be awesome and funny as it usually will be with the Doctor.
-Joseph-

Offline Link

• Hero of Winds
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 06:04:55 am »
Not sure how I feel about Matt Smith leaving.  I guess it has been a few years since he took over as the doctor, but it still feels like he hasn't been around for long. His performance was enjoyable overall, so as with most of the previous doctors, I'll miss him.
Oh well. Maybe the doctor will finally regenerate as the ginger he's wanted to become for quite some time.

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »
I guess it has been a few years since he took over as the doctor, but it still feels like he hasn't been around for long.

Ditto that. It doesn't feel like four years.

What's bugging me is the idiots whinging about how much they want Tennant back. I wrote a long-ish rant on tumblr as a result.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Stuart

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 08:23:57 pm »
I can reveal the new Doctor...

Offline twiggie

• Manamana
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 09:18:57 pm »
I got over David Tennant leaving within a few episodes of watching Matt Smith, I really enjoy Matts performance as The Doctor and I don't want him to go, I didn't want David to go either but it feels like Matt didn't get a full go at it.
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

I'm also upset about Christopher Eccleston messing with the continuity of the series over his unwillingness to be involved with the 50th Anniversary special, therefor making Matt Smith the 12th regeneration and killing the series after the next Doctor.
It's better to be naked with your friends, than clothed with your enemies.

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 12:44:23 pm »
Originally, it WOULD have killed the series, but I heard somewhere that the writers have got rid of the 12 regenerations rule.

I don't know when, but it may have something to do with River giving up her's.

Stuart

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 01:57:22 pm »
Originally, it WOULD have killed the series, but I heard somewhere that the writers have got rid of the 12 regenerations rule.

In the classic series it was mentioned that Time Lords could originally regenerate indefinately, but that the number of regenerations was capped at twelve because death is the price of progress. Now there are no other Time Lords its possible he could just go on regenerating, but I'd like to see something interesting done in the show to account for it.

Offline Marney

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Nude is most convenient !!!
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:40 pm »
Finished the 7th Season today so far ... (till Nov 23th '13) i really enjoyed the wholes Seasons since the reboot 2005 and every Doctor had his own individuality so its a little bit hard for me to decide which one is better because all of them were (or still are) great!

I am looking forward to the Series and of course the new Doctor and what he will bring to the Franchise !
May the Force be with you, always !!!

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 07:23:19 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen......

The 12th Doctor.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 07:31:40 pm »
Dammit - My money was on Stuart.

nerdynudist

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 05:53:40 pm »

They actually did describe a way they could have given the doctor more regenerations to a time lord in classic Doctor Who, but I think *Spoilers*

When we see John Hunt at the end of the last season, Smith claims he is the Doctor but he went by a different name, rewind to the episode where Clara is lost on the TARDIS she finds the book on the Time War and tells the doctor she read his real name. The John Hurt doctor claims he did what he did in the name of peace and sanity. When you take that all into together I arrive at the conclusion the John Hurt must have been the doctor during the Time, but people always assumed it was the 8th and that he then regenerated into 9 some point in the series. But what could really have happened is that during the Time War the master had been dead but the Time Lords decided that he was needed and therefore was resurrected, giving him a whole other set of regenerations. So I feel Moffat will write it off as the doctor died and they also deemed he was important enough to bring back as the master was.

Also Peter Capaldi is gonna be great.

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »

The Master has outlived 12 regenerations, so I don't see why The Doctor can't do the same?  ;-)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:57 am »
I run the Brisbane Doctor Who Fan Club, which is an informal group that meets every so often for drinks and lunch.

I'm organising a luncheon on the second Sunday of a month, and a special family cosplay party on November 23rd at Roma Street Parkland to celebrate the show's 50th anniversary.  I'm just going to be Chris Eccleston's Doctor seeing as he's also from Manchester and his outfit is so easy to emulate on a limited budget.  ;-)

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »
I think Steven Moffat has specifically said that they can ignore the 12 regeneration rule anyway because it's not considered canon or something.

I was a huge David Tennant fan actually, but Matt Smith has grown on me. I would say that I still enjoyed Tennant more, but the storylines in the 5th and 6th season are so good and the writing is amazing!!! The seasons have gotten better overall as the show has progressed IMO.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2013, 11:50:46 pm »
bout 2.5 weeks for the special to play......................................