Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 32294 times)

Jackthenudist

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2013, 11:57:04 pm »
In the UK in the run up to the 50th anniversary, they've been showing all the older episodes from all the different Doctors.It's good to see how the show has changed and also how each actor brought a different side to the Doctor.

I haven't seen all the episodes yet, but I think Tom Baker is my favourite of the older series so far. :grin:

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »
Surprised no one has posted about the 50th Anniversary episode "The Day of the Doctor".  This was an excellent episode that I'm glad explored the Time War and just where John Hurt's Doctor aka The War Doctor fit into all of this.  Loved the interaction between Doctors 10 and 11 and it was epic how they made Gallifrey simply disappear rather than destroy it.  I was really delighted to see Peter Capaldi's upcoming 12th Doctor get in on this action (though we only saw him from the bridge of his nose and up).

If I had only one disappointment, it was not having Billie Piper reprise her role as Rose.  While a manifestation of Bad Wolf worked here, don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen the interaction between Rose and Clara as I think it would've had it's own dynamic along with the companions' respective Doctors.

The biggest surprise to me was at the very end where the 11th meets the museum's curator and it's Tom Baker.  While I speculated that there would be a previous Doctor actor in this one than David Tennant, I could not have in any way imagined that Tom Baker (the 4th) would be in it.  His scene with Matt Smith left an open interpretation as to just who this curator really was as the Doctor "never forgets a face".

I'm glad that during the time leading up to the 50th Anniversary that Stephen Moffat (who I've knocked quite often in the past) has tied up all the loose ends between the 1996 TV movie and the series' return in 2005 concerning the 8th's regeneration ("Night of the Doctor" with a treat performance from Paul McGann), the Time War, and the circumstances that lead to the series' 9th Doctor.  Great job all of those involved.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline doriangraim

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »
Surprised no one has posted about the 50th Anniversary episode "The Day of the Doctor".  This was an excellent episode that I'm glad explored the Time War and just where John Hurt's Doctor aka The War Doctor fit into all of this.  Loved the interaction between Doctors 10 and 11 and it was epic how they made Gallifrey simply disappear rather than destroy it.  I was really delighted to see Peter Capaldi's upcoming 12th Doctor get in on this action (though we only saw him from the bridge of his nose and up).

If I had only one disappointment, it was not having Billie Piper reprise her role as Rose.  While a manifestation of Bad Wolf worked here, don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen the interaction between Rose and Clara as I think it would've had it's own dynamic along with the companions' respective Doctors.

The biggest surprise to me was at the very end where the 11th meets the museum's curator and it's Tom Baker.  While I speculated that there would be a previous Doctor actor in this one than David Tennant, I could not have in any way imagined that Tom Baker (the 4th) would be in it.  His scene with Matt Smith left an open interpretation as to just who this curator really was as the Doctor "never forgets a face".

I'm glad that during the time leading up to the 50th Anniversary that Stephen Moffat (who I've knocked quite often in the past) has tied up all the loose ends between the 1996 TV movie and the series' return in 2005 concerning the 8th's regeneration ("Night of the Doctor" with a treat performance from Paul McGann), the Time War, and the circumstances that lead to the series' 9th Doctor.  Great job all of those involved.

:3145

I reaaly love thise TV serie. At start, I'd some difficulties to see the doctor interpreted by Matt Smith, but, with the time I finished to like his excentric side. I'm also happy to see a elder doctor for the next one.

Now, I started to watch the serie with the first doctor. It's kinda big contrast between the 60's seasons and the 2000's ones. But I really love it.

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 06:09:02 am »
I think "Day of Doctor" was pretty close to perfect! It was exciting, had great acting, added to the backstory, furthered Moffat's narrative, and had two bonus Doctors! The only thing I'd say is that they kind of forgot about the plot with the Zygons. I hope that's addressed in "The Time of the Doctor", because I wanted to see how the negotiations turned out!
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »
So, any thoughts on The Time of the Doctor?
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline davelemmo

• Nature Lover
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • "I am I'm me" - Twisted Sister
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »
Time of the Doctor was a bit slow in terms of action, despite the epic period of Battle on Trenzalore. I like that it revealed the secrets of the origins of the Silence, and their conquest of Earth earlier in the 11th's chronology. I am disappointed that the question of whether a Weeping Angel will forget encountering a Silence or move closer when it looks away was never answered. The regeneration of the 11th Doctor into the 12th Doctor was not as painful as Moffat claimed it would be, seeing as though it was brought about through mere symptoms of old age, not unlike the 1st Doctors regeneration into the 2nd Doctor.
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" -
Albert Einstein

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2013, 05:11:31 pm »
I thought it was a nice story but the regeneration bit was a bit rushed. It was typically moffat in that it's plot was a little in concise. Also,  I'm still reserving judgement on capaldi as there wasn't enough of him to form an opinion.
what's to say?

Offline Turtlejosh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 11:35:56 am »
I did like it but not as much as the day of the doctor. I wasn't expecting to se the doctor actually age so much, and was half expecting capaldi to pop up at the top of the tower.

It's very Moffat this episode too, not invested heavily into the series? Well you may be a little confused about all these points. But he tied them up.

Still disappointed the crack in the wall was the doctors fear. It's not like he always knew it was gallifrey

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »
I felt the story of Time of the Doctor was a bit clunky.  Moffat, it seems to me, tried to put a shit-ton of things into one episode to give this one an "epic" feel to it.  To me, it just seemed like a big mess.  Matt Smith's time as the Doctor is over, Steven Moffat's time as showrunner needs to go with him.

I did like however the final scene before the Eleventh's (if that's what we can call him) regeneration.  Very nice touching moments between him and Clara and the hallucinations of Amy was a good touch too.  That all said, I am looking forward to seeing what Peter Capaldi brings to the TARDIS.  He is a stellar actor and I know he will be a good Doctor.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

BellaJordan

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 10:21:36 pm »
@CPT Jack probably.

cc71

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2019, 08:07:14 pm »
Some sad news...

https://archivetvmusings.blog

Terrance Dicks, scriptwriter for Doctor Who has passed away aged 84.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2019, 09:03:05 pm »
Some sad news...

https://archivetvmusings.blog

Terrance Dicks, scriptwriter for Doctor Who has passed away aged 84.
Oh, that's a shame.

Offline Molson101

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2019, 11:25:47 pm »
I am not a big fan of the show

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:11 am »
Well, even if you've a passing interest in the show as I do, I have found just the thing for you, no matter who you consider to be your Doctor.

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 11:56:12 am »
Now that I'm going back through the main show since the '05 revival, I can hardly say I've just a passing interest. Now I can say I'm all in, especially now that I've started practicing voice impressions for as many Doctors as I can manage and seeking out fan made comic dubs and audio stories (akin to what Eccleston has signed up for with Big Finish) to show them to the world.