Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Heaven is for real  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Kirito

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Heaven is for real
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »
I love the book I have read it 3 times it makes you think. I love reading books about heaven or like the end of the world. Anybody else?
Trying to stay alive.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Heaven is for real
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
I love the book I have read it 3 times it makes you think. I love reading books about heaven or like the end of the world. Anybody else?

Due to the nature of the book, I assume you mean the litteral end of the world and are not expressing a fondness for zombie apocalypse or a similar genre.

So I have to ask, what makes you happy about the end of the world?
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Kirito

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »
The reason why I like it is because it's interesting see I always ask people what would you do if you knew the world will end they all say that they would do sinful stuff nobody says they would ask for forgivenes or go to church. Idk my favorite book also is called left behind.
Trying to stay alive.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:30:45 pm »
The reason why I like it is because it's interesting see I always ask people what would you do if you knew the world will end they all say that they would do sinful stuff nobody says they would ask for forgivenes or go to church.

What do people generally tell they'd do?

I would prepare to survive against hordes of zombies. In case there's no zombies, the supplies and defense might still come in handy.

Offline Pitti

• Local Moderator
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:03:26 pm »
Can you give us a short explanation about the book?
What is it about this book?
Who wrote it and why you like it so much?
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline DavidT

• Read-Only
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:49 am »
I really liked the book too, however, have my doubts about the veracity of it all.  Given the background of the author I feel it is somewhat made up - no offense, just my thoughts

Offline Pitti

• Local Moderator
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:20 pm »
Can anyone write a synopsis of the novel?
"If war is the answer, then we ask the wrong questions."
(Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist, dann stellen wir die falschen Fragen)

Susan G. Komen

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:10:06 pm »
It's not a novel. It's a near death experience story about an actual kid who claimed he saw heaven therefore heaven is "for real".

Offline Nudie

• Topless with bottoms
  • Freedom
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 08:37:16 am »
I've read that book too, it's rather mindblowing.

Heaven is for Real is a biography (I think it's technically one, it's non-fiction, the father writing) about this young kid who became deathly ill, was in intensive care for I don't know how long, unconscious most of the time, but actually died (heady stopped beating I think) and was brought back to life. The whole time the father, family, and friends are praying for him and I some other events occur while the boy is under. Anyways, after the boy is healed, returns home, resumes normal life, but the parents notice him performing some strange behavior. He still acts the same, but asks many bizarre questions about Heaven, angels, etc. some stuff that kids may or may not know about, and things adults wouldn't know about. His parents ask him if he went to Heaven and he says yes, over time they gather details about his experience, he describes what it's like and such. At one part he claims he met his older sister, who was a stillborn that he didn't know about, and some other relative who died before he was born. Other stuff happens too, and I assure you the book is much more enticing than I made it appear, it's just rather late where I'm at, I'm about to go to bed. Ask someone else for more details.

Offline MichaelColeman

• Mr Money Guy
  • Casually Dressed
  • Love Life and Smile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »

If you like this of stuff then you might want to pick "Memnoch the Devil" by Anne Rice.  It is the 5th book in the Vampire Chronicles but you don't have to read the others to enjoy this Masterpiece. 

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »
Sounds like a kid brought up in a religious family having his brain go a bit haywire in the absence of sensory input to me. I suspect that if I had been in his position (and I'm happy not to have been, comas aren't fun for anyone and I feel sorry for the poor kid), I'd have seen something completely different.

What would really be interesting would be a case study of everyone who's known to have had an experience like this (pretty sure similar things are not that uncommon among those in comas) to see what correlation there is between the beliefs, upbringing and personal history of the person experiencing the visions, and the visions they get.

Brains are cool.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 07:58:02 pm »
What would really be interesting would be a case study of everyone who's known to have had an experience like this (pretty sure similar things are not that uncommon among those in comas) to see what correlation there is between the beliefs, upbringing and personal history of the person experiencing the visions, and the visions they get.

That would be an interesting experiment no doubt.  I wonder how you would filter the data for things that people report because they feel obligated to because of their birth religion, rather than what they actually thought they had experienced.  If you could get absolutely candid results it would make an interesting comparison of the effects of nature vs nurture.

For instance, take a committed naturist who had been raised in a traditional Christian home & church environment, yet somehow escaped.  What would "Heaven" look like to that person?  Would it be the majority Christian image of white-robed angels lounging about on clouds playing harps and singing psalms;  or would it be the Elysian Fields peopled by happy, peaceful, naked folks;  or would it be a hybrid with Christian angels and saints all buck naked?
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 10:55:15 pm »
I don't think the rapture would leave the unworthy with zombies...it'd be too fun and more of an award lol!

You have to precise what you mean by end of the world, the zombie apocalypse seems way likelier to me.

INnudeguy

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »
I never read the book but I saw this boy and his dad interviewed on a talk show.  It was pretty apparent that he was credible and really did experience the things he talked about.  Regardless of what kind of home he was raised in or what his family values might have been,  it can't explain how he met his older sister and yet had never been told he had one.   

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 10:55:52 am »
You'll have to pardon my skepticism.  I had a brother who was born before me and who died before I ever knew him.  When I was a child I was not told about him until I picked up little clues from things overheard from adults speaking, privily so they thought, among themselves.  Adults are sometimes good at not noticing when little children are sitting quietly and listening.  Children are like sponges, they absorb everything they hear.  That's how some of us have "fuck" among our first spoken words.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West