Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Black's Beach?  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Black's Beach?
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:15:05 am »
We have a free day in San Diego in September, and I just realized we might be able to do Black's Beach (if I can convince her!).

Has anyone been any time recently? It looks like there may be a lot of variation between 'full of creepy old men' and 'had the place to ourself' in reviews I see online. What's the best way to get there? We're not afraid of walking if it will get us the th best spots.

Last, but certainly not least, would it be a good potential introduction to social nudity for both of us?
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

Offline Brad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Black's Beach?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »
I have only been there once. When we went, we went to the north part, Torrey Pines, and walked down to the Black's Beach, that was easiest for us. We first came across a lot of men but kept walking and it started to become a mixture. You will see peepers at the top of the cliff taking photos and there will be para-gliders flying overhead. Overall, we had a great time, once we got over the creepers, and really enjoyed it. I think it can be a good introduction to social nudity but I would feel it out and go slow. I know we walked around a bit then found a nice spot and off went the clothes. Hope this helps! :34567

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 03:28:12 pm »
I am sure there are other reports and experiences which have been related in this community so give the Search a try but yes, I have been there a few times but not recently.  Its a mix, and it depends on the time of year.  When the college is in, there might be a group playing v-ball and that is a younger crowd.  If you are going, wear shoes, not sandals.  The walk down is sketchy w/out footwear.  (from the glider port)

Ironically, we went there not for FKK really, but to take my brother there to surf.  Its a famous surf site. 

and yes, you can surf nude there but the water is cold!

-Danee
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

pat9916

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:58:59 am »

Ironically, we went there not for FKK really, but to take my brother there to surf.  Its a famous surf site. 

and yes, you can surf nude there but the water is cold!

-Danee

Indeed it is! I grew up just 15 minutes away from Blacks and surfed there a lot. Only surfed nude a few times (partly due to the cold but mostly because board rash is just plain not fun. Imagine spending the day naked on sand paper.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »
Black's is a great beach although I haven't been there for a while. If you're walking down from Torrey Pines beach watch out for high tide! There's a section that's tough to get by when the tide is all the way in. The walk down the cliffs from the glider port seems daunting but it's doable (the walk back up is tough....  :tongue:  )

At far as creepers/perverts go, it can be hit or miss. Most weekend days there's a group called the Black's Beach Bares set up with some flags and sometimes a tent. They are the "unofficial" group in charge of the area. They'll be easy to spot if they're there, stick near them and you'll be fine.

I gotta be honest about the last part of your question regarding an introduction to social nudity. This is just my opinion, but if it were up to me I'd recommend going to a resort first since I get the impression that you haven't been exposed (excuse the expression) to social nudity. Not that there will necessarily be problems at Black's, but a resort is a controlled environment and you're absolutely guaranteed to not have any issues with creepers. If you're going to be in San Diego, maybe head inland about 45 minutes to Jacumba and check out DeAnza Springs resort. You could spend the morning up there and still be down at Black's for the afternoon and a gorgeous San Diego sunset  :smiley:

Just my thoughts.....

100% in total agreement, with my experiences there at Blacks and with first timers.  Every line, every word.

-D
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:07:46 am »
We may try that. Maybe. Gotta talk her into it first!

I bet I could talk her into a day hike from there. We've been outside naked before while camping. It'll be a Monday or Tuesday we have free, my concern is with the club stuff not all being open/available during the week.

Do you have to call ahead?

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:08:24 pm »
Am I correct in assuming that's probably the #1 best place around San Diego for newbies?

One reason I was thinking the beach earlier is it's easier to convince my wife that it's 'no obligation', if you know what I mean.

Heck, I'm pulling teeth just trying to get her to register here :54

pat9916

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »
Am I correct in assuming that's probably the #1 best place around San Diego for newbies?

One reason I was thinking the beach earlier is it's easier to convince my wife that it's 'no obligation', if you know what I mean.

Heck, I'm pulling teeth just trying to get her to register here :54

The great thing about the beach is its free (as in no cost)! It is also clothing optional, not nude mandatory, so your better half can ease into the nudity should she decide.

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 07:31:50 am »
It looks like Glen Eden Sun Club would take about as much time to get to...Which would be the better day trip, or better stop for newbies?

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:51:35 am »
Well, no-go :(

I couldn't talk her into it, and I'm a bit annoyed that she didn't actually say no until we were basically on our way out the hotel room door.