Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: got a message that needs responding, but can't yet send messages?  (Read 2611 times)

nycboy

I got a message from someone in charge I think, but I can't yet send messages so I can't respond.
what do I do?

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: got a message that needs responding, but can't yet send messages?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »
Well, we do have some restrictions for new members; you need to get established a bit before you can access profiles, send PMs and emails, stuff like that. Largely because it is safer, especially for younger members, if we do not let people send out messages before we have a rough idea about why they are here.
It appears you have managed to respond, to my inquiry at least.
Some people use the abuse report feature to respond to messages they would otherwise not be able to respond to. While this is not what the tool is intended for, it has worked fine in the past. Unfortunately the forum software does support different permissions for responding to messages and initiating conversations.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.