Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Favorite Nude Art (and all that that encompasses) Web-site or, Artist  (Read 148801 times)

maxwell

Re: Favorite Nude Art (and all that that encompasses) Web-site or, Artist
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »
That is - indeed - a very nice gallery!

I got my McBride book in today, I'll try and upload some of the pictures!

"Coming of Age", I suppose?

Offline MERRD

• Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • The Royal Naked One
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Interview on IYNO
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 05:23:08 pm »
yes! are you familiar with that?
"They found out my degree was less than legitimate"
"I thought you had a bachelor from Columbia?"
"Yeah, so now I need one from America"

maxwell

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 05:53:15 pm »
yes! are you familiar with that?

It's part of my photobook library. :)

Stuart

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 05:32:30 am »
One a day, from Laurie Jeffrey

http://web.me.com/ljeffery/Laurie/One_a_day/One_a_day.html

:34 Wow Stuart that is a brilliant site!!! Thank you for the link. I also love the Bodyscape and blog part of his site too. Seems like a genuine good guy.

Offline mike345

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 03:12:01 am »
I'm a big fan of Spencer Tunick and even appeared in 2 of his shots that he did in Miami back in 2007.

Here's one I'm the top row second from the right.

Tunick is my favorite, too. I have an appreciation from what I think is a high burden to coordinate and execute such massive projects. I'd love to do one of his shoots. Totally jealous you got to do that. How long did it take? Where does everyone put their things while you shoot?

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 03:43:22 am »
One a day, from Laurie Jeffrey

http://web.me.com/ljeffery/Laurie/One_a_day/One_a_day.html

I love how they describe the lighting.

Joey

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 05:57:25 pm »
The other day I ran across this project called "Naked People" by Sebastian Kempa, a german designer. He photographed 23 different people dressed and undressed. It's astonishing how perception changes when you "undress" those people! I really like that project.

Visit Naked People.

They recently added a musician singing a song. She's got a great voice although I can't understand her.

http://www.naked-people.de/index.php/naked-people-feat-lena-music-video.html

If any German-speakers can translate, that would be cool

:)
Joey

Offline Fitz1980

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 02:45:42 pm »
I'm a big fan of Spencer Tunick and even appeared in 2 of his shots that he did in Miami back in 2007.

Here's one I'm the top row second from the right.

Tunick is my favorite, too. I have an appreciation from what I think is a high burden to coordinate and execute such massive projects. I'd love to do one of his shoots. Totally jealous you got to do that. How long did it take? Where does everyone put their things while you shoot?

The shoot took all day.  People put their clothes at different places depending on the setup.  The whole area had big strips of white cloth around it so we couldn't be seen from the boardwalk.  Here's a breakdown and some pictures.

The first two setups were people laying on rafts in the pool.  One was all women on pink rafts and the other was all men on green rafts.  I was in that one.  For that one everyone left their clothes on the grass by the pool.  The women went first and some of their clothes got wet because the pool had one of those beach-like shallow ends where it tapers off so you can just walk into/out of the pool and when 150 people got in at once some of the water overflowed and got on the clothes.  I know one girl who's clothes got wet so she spent the rest of the day with just a towel wrapped around her like she had just gotten out of the shower.  After the pool shots some people just stayed naked and swam or sunbathed for the rest of the day.

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=327
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=329

After the pool shoots they did several setups on the hotel's various balconies.  Those took a while to set up.  The hotel had required that everyone staying there be out of their rooms that afternoon, and to leave the doors unlocked so that we could move easily between the balconies.  Those shots took most of the day because there were several and Spencer is a perfectionist.  For those shots people just left their clothes at their feet when the word was given.  Those were interesting because even with the privacy barriers some people could be seen from the boardwalk and other buildings.  The plan was to strip quickly, leave your clothes at your feet and than dress as soon as Spencer took the pics dress but because of Spencer's famed perfectionism people were often standing naked for like 15 minutes while he would have one person to go to a different balcony or ask for more people on another one.  I was waiting to be in one of those shots but when I made it out to one they had one more place opened and a couple behind me hadn't been in a shot yet so I gave up my slot so that they could be in the same one.

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=331
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=333

The final shot was all 500 models on another set of decks holding champagne.  For that one we left our clothes in the rooms since Spencer could see them if we left them at our feet.  We all had bottles of champagne and when he gave the word we shook them up and sprayed them in the air at the same time.

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=332

After the shots they had a BBQ where they served hot dogs, somebody had a sense of humor I think with that selection.  Spencer took some candid shots of people enjoying the BBQ and had asked that everyone (men and women) remain topless for the duration.  Many of us stayed completely nude though.

It was an interesting event because there was casual nudity but it wasn't a nudist event.  It was kinda funny to see people's reactions to the various types of nudity involved.  When we were on the balconies and could be seen from the outside I was amazed that nobody who saw us seemed to care.  People waved and took pictures of us but business people, moms with kids and grandparents just walked by without freaking out or anything.  When Spencer was moving people around the balconies I was in one of the hall ways waiting for a turn and several times would see a giggling naked person come running through, clothes in hand, poorly trying to cover their "naughty bits."  Several people said doing that was embarrassing because of the situation.  When they were posing for the shot they said they felt comfortable because they were one of several nude models posing for art.  When running through the hall way they felt like just a naked person in a motel surrounded by clothed people.  At the BBQ everyone's comfort level showed through.  Some dressed completely, others stayed topfree (as Spencer asked) and many (myself included) were totally nude but everyone was fine with each other's choice.  I even got a date with a girl who was completely dressed.  When we went out with her friends a week later she said "I didn't recognize you with your clothes on."

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »
Brilliant story fitz! Thank you.

Offline Danee

• Retired Staff
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 12:20:22 pm »
Its not art, like painting art, but I love the movie CASHBACK, its like a great movie about this guy who has a bit love troubles, but made in a very special way, he kinda lives in his ow world, and in one scene he draw like all the people in the supermarke!. He unclothes them cuz he can like stop time and he begins to draw them (he is an art student). Really great movie!!

I had a look, Seba, and found this information on it. It won a couple of International Awards as well.  Thanks!

-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashback_(film)
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Fitz1980

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 01:22:23 pm »
You know a Post script to my story about being in Spencer Tunick's Miami shoot was what happened a few months later at the grand opening.  The work was displayed in the Sagamore Hotel, where it was shot.  They had a big reception for all of us, with champagne and we all got out individually numbered copies of the Champagne Shot.  I ran into some girls who I had hung out with on the day of the shoot and we went up to Spencer and asked him if he would pose for a picture of us if we got naked.  He laughed and told us that he would.  We quickly undressed and snapped a few pictures, that got a few people's attention.  Later on we were told that no one had ever done that before at one of his openings.

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=342

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 02:36:20 pm »
You know a Post script to my story about being in Spencer Tunick's Miami shoot was what happened a few months later at the grand opening.  The work was displayed in the Sagamore Hotel, where it was shot.  They had a big reception for all of us, with champagne and we all got out individually numbered copies of the Champagne Shot.  I ran into some girls who I had hung out with on the day of the shoot and we went up to Spencer and asked him if he would pose for a picture of us if we got naked.  He laughed and told us that he would.  We quickly undressed and snapped a few pictures, that got a few people's attention.  Later on we were told that no one had ever done that before at one of his openings.

Lol that's brilliant!!!!!! Well done Fitz!

Offline gbanude

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 07:34:03 pm »

Isn't it great how it feels like no one is shy anymore? hahaha!
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Offline mike345

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 01:58:26 am »

That's awesome. I would absolutely love to be a part of one of those shoots. It's great that everyone was so cool afterwards!