Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: San Francisco? Alleged Cock Ring Patrol Upsets Castro Nudists  (Read 4589 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
San Francisco? Alleged Cock Ring Patrol Upsets Castro Nudists
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »
Its something I have never found attractive but ...each to their own of course.  San Fran is super liberal as we all know.  (at least Americans)

Believe it or not, being a nudist doesn't always make for a liberating life.

Just ask the naked folks of the Castro, who claim San Francisco cops are on unofficial "Cock Ring Patrol" in the Castro, which is exactly what it sounds like: cops cracking down on nudists wearing cock rings.

Mitch Hightower, a local nudist, says in an e-mail to SF Weekly that cock-ring-wearing exhibitionists "frequenting the area report that either a duo or trio of cops approach selected male nudists and inform them that wearing cock rings draws undue attention to the genitals, and is therefore, under the law, considered to be lewd conduct." He went on to say that those nudists were told they would have to register as sex offenders if they are busted with the sex toy in public.

Obviously, we wanted to know more. So we contacted SFPD, which tried its best to explain the very fine line between laying around naked and wearing a cock ring in public, especially if it's used to arouse the penis.
  First off, Officer Carlos Manfredi denied that cops are on penis patrol in the Castro. In fact, the only time on-duty cops are required to even approach a nudist is if someone has called to complain that they are aggravated by the flapping penises. Same goes for the cock ring, Manfredi tells us.

"If a person is offended by it or annoyed in any way, we can respond and cite the person, but we can't just [walk up] and say this is something we will cite you for," he says.

Read SFPD's Policy on Public Nudity here

But it's not that simple. If a cock ring is arousing the nudist -- which it's meant to do -- the that could create a really uncomfortable scene.

"I don't know if you have to be aroused for it to stay on -- I'm not sure -- but if the person is aroused and bringing undue attention, then they can be charged for lewd and lascivious," Manfredi told us. 

Manfredi says he supposes that, like nudists, people would have to be offended enough by the endless erection before police would actually do something about it. Fortunately, in San Francisco, the cops don't get too many complaints. "Usually people are tolerant [of cock rings in public], but it will be a call that will spark out attention."

From: http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/09/sfpd_cock_ring.php
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: San Francisco? Alleged Cock Ring Patrol Upsets Castro Nudists
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »
yes san fran is one of the great cities.
nude is natural

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
I have no problem with genital jewelry, but I do have a problem with things like cock rings. If it was designed to get you up, then don't wear it in public. I don't care if we lived in a nudist society, if you're constantly aroused, it could lead to potentially dangerous situations for females, so it isn't safe and shouldn't be done. I'm not saying that a cock ring is going to make a guy ejaculate, but we shouldn't be walking around with a buzz all day, as it sets a bad standard.

Camper

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:14:31 pm »
I feel like that old “nobody can eat just one!” potato chip commercial reflects the way we see a lot of things here in America.  We gain freedoms, only to lose them again when someone insists on pushing the line further and further.  In this instance, simple nudity is permitted in a major city, but a few are going to push the issue by insisting on wearing what is a piece of jewelry to some, a sexual aide to others.  I expect that someone in the city will soon argue that if public nudity is natural, then so are public erections and then public sex.  That’s when politicians and law enforcement will step in.

I’ve observed this sort of thing with nudist clubs.  A club has a few lingerie dances, a club owner makes the “swingers can be nudists too!” argument, the club institutes an “18 and older” policy, and it becomes exponentially more difficult for the rest of us to defend the position that nudism is a safe, wholesome,  all-ages pastime.

Tens of thousands of people participate in the World Naked Nike Ride, and it’s seen by most as an eccentric but generally harmless event.  Nobody is on cable news demanding the riders be pepper sprayed and arrested.  But photos of five or six riders proudly posing with erections or of couples having sex are starting to make their way to the internet.  Such abuse of the freedom threatens the future of the events.

It’s a complicated issue.  We gain freedoms by pushing beyond accepted norms.  But we have to know where to draw the line. 

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:31 pm »
I feel like that old “nobody can eat just one!” potato chip commercial reflects the way we see a lot of things here in America.  We gain freedoms, only to lose them again when someone insists on pushing the line further and further.  In this instance, simple nudity is permitted in a major city, but a few are going to push the issue by insisting on wearing what is a piece of jewelry to some, a sexual aide to others.  I expect that someone in the city will soon argue that if public nudity is natural, then so are public erections and then public sex.  That’s when politicians and law enforcement will step in.

I’ve observed this sort of thing with nudist clubs.  A club has a few lingerie dances, a club owner makes the “swingers can be nudists too!” argument, the club institutes an “18 and older” policy, and it becomes exponentially more difficult for the rest of us to defend the position that nudism is a safe, wholesome,  all-ages pastime.

Tens of thousands of people participate in the World Naked Nike Ride, and it’s seen by most as an eccentric but generally harmless event.  Nobody is on cable news demanding the riders be pepper sprayed and arrested.  But photos of five or six riders proudly posing with erections or of couples having sex are starting to make their way to the internet.  Such abuse of the freedom threatens the future of the events.

It’s a complicated issue.  We gain freedoms by pushing beyond accepted norms.  But we have to know where to draw the line.

Agreed, excellent post

mikeisnude

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »
 :324  I don't normally go for those in authority impinging on personal liberty but in this case I have to agree.   It's amazing that San Fran even allows simple nudity and cock ring really are designed to draw attention and also to cause and maintain and erection.   A few bad apples could spoil it for everyone.  Why can't the freedom to experience simple wholesome nudity be enough ? :345

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »
Well for better or for worse, the need to push things to their limit is part of the American character, hell we put jet engines on golf carts for pete's sake!

Like Camper says, give some people an inch, they'll take a mile.