Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone Collect Anything???  (Read 45199 times)

Pinkerbell

Anyone Collect Anything???
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:19:51 am »
I collect toys from the 80's. If you knew me from the previous boards then you'd know im addicted HAHA

I love the toys that came out from 1981 to 1991 primarily and im an avid ebayer trying to find everything in one type like Barbie.. I actually at one point had almost everything that ever was put out by Hasbro for JEM and the Holograms ( i was missing a VERY few pieces and one is a rarity that only 3 were made ). I just want to be able to get it and then take pics of it write down the specs on it and then resell it later and make a profit. Its an awesome fun hobby of mine.

Yes im a geek!

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Anyone Collect Anything???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:40:54 pm »
I have 4 consecutive years of baseall cards from the 1970's. All in books, in plastic. Does that get any geekier?
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Karla

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:07:28 pm »
I used to collect smurfs. Only a modest collection mind you, I always wanted a smurf village when I was small and when I grew up I decided to fulfill that ambition.

I do intend to collect all the old Hasselblad lenses sometime though. It would just be so great to have the ultimate collection that someone in the 1970's could only ever dream about owning.

Unfortunately space doesn't allow us to collect anything. I've really begun to appreciate how stuff costs you money beyond the original price you have to pay for it., especially here in the UK where housing is so expensive and small. The stuff you own has to be transported around when you move, or put into storage. The more stuff you own the bigger the place you either need to rent or to buy. And so much of it ends up unused, just taking up space and being a liability. Or there's the guilty pain of having to throw away something perfectly useable for example because you were given it for free and have no use for it. The more stuff you own, the less chance there is of finding the right item when you need it too!

I'd love to be able to sell it all and move into a campervan but there would still be so much of it that I need to keep, for example, all my scientific books, my camera equipment, outdoor equipment and computers. I would also be really sad to say goodbye to items that I really saved long and hard to get but which could still be useful in the future, for example my scuba diving equipment or my paraglider.

Jo76

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:18:28 pm »
Hello,

I for my part like collecting books, e.g.  historical novels and music of all kinds on cds.

Jo76

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 03:19:49 pm »
Hello again,

for example I have some books of Jack London, Jules Verne, Alexandre Dumas, The Hornblower Triilogy and  other historical novels.

Stuart

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »
I collect rocks, fossils and especially meteorites.

Most of them are packed away though as we've moved around so much. When we finally settle down I'll have a display cabinet to put some museums to shame!

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 06:48:48 pm »
I collect toys from the 80's. If you knew me from the previous boards then you'd know im addicted HAHA

I love the toys that came out from 1981 to 1991 primarily and im an avid ebayer trying to find everything in one type like Barbie.. I actually at one point had almost everything that ever was put out by Hasbro for JEM and the Holograms ( i was missing a VERY few pieces and one is a rarity that only 3 were made ). I just want to be able to get it and then take pics of it write down the specs on it and then resell it later and make a profit. Its an awesome fun hobby of mine.

Yes im a geek!

Wow, that's cool!  I think I still have some of my old "voltron" toys from when I was little

Stuart

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 06:54:01 pm »

Yes im a geek!

Wow, that's cool!  I think I still have some of my old "voltron" toys from when I was little

Oh, that reminds me, I seem to collecting Daleks. My desk is covered in the littel critters...

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 02:20:26 am »
I collect shot glasses.  Have ones from everywhere I've traveled to, over a hundred of them.

Offline gamez

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 03:43:40 pm »
I love collecting Transformers and other robot toys. People can say the price of vintage stuff is out of hand, almost nothing compared to how much some of the newer stuff costs. I'd be lucky to find a new Soul of Chogokin for under $90!

Pinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 06:38:18 pm »
Hmmm ill have to keep in mind the Unicorn thing ;)

I too collect shot glasses... well i did and stopped but apparently my family didnt get the "memo" b/c my mom still buys me them when she goes various places. Its a bit out of hand. But i have a lot of pretty neat ones. My favorite is one from the old Atlantic City Playboy club before it got shut down. Its very heavy though and im afraid my cats will break it so it gets put up on a high shelf with some other stuff.

I collect Coloring Books as well- but only from the 1980's and 1990's ( like nothing past probably 1995) and mainly those from cartoons and tv. Again huge geek here!

I think its great to see what other's collect b/c it gives you insight on who they are etc.

Offline Luke M

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 04:19:12 am »
I collect DVDs/Blu-rays I think I have a little over 2000.

Pinkerbell

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 06:23:09 am »
Hey look its you! I know what you collect you goofball ;) btw nice to say HI TO ME ;0 miss you 2 xoxo

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 01:08:36 pm »
Hey look its you! I know what you collect you goofball ;) btw nice to say HI TO ME ;0 miss you 2 xoxo

:345
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

randomer909

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 06:28:25 pm »
I dont collect anything but I do still keep all my old Manchester United tops and all my old Buzz Lightyear toys :4345