Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Anyone Collect Anything???  (Read 45147 times)

Nude_not_rude

Re: Anyone Collect Anything???
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:23 pm »
I always seem to be able to collect bills pretty well...lol

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:17 pm »
DVDs and comic books.
A nova geração.

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »
i used to have a substantial collection of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers toys from the 80s and 90s - a lot of them boxed or with packaging. 

i sold the lot on ebay a couple of years ago for quite a bit of money.

i have small collections now. 

i have a crate of Nintendo merchandise and trading cards (prized items include a complete set of 1980s Nintendo trading cards, all the Super Mario McDonalds Happy Meal toys unopened with boxes and the lenticular that went above the menu in the retaurant showing the toys, and a Japanese Legend of Zelda card game).

i also have a small collection of Godzilla stuff which would be larger if i had space and money.

Dave

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:40 pm »
I collect viruses.   :786

But seriously, whenever a computer virus tries to mess up my system, I put it in a zip file and add it to my collection.  I have this one that comes in a zip file to start with, and is so compressed that it will fill your entire hard drive if you try to extract the stuff in it.  Such fun.

Ace001

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 04:31:07 pm »
I collect viruses.   :786

But seriously, whenever a computer virus tries to mess up my system, I put it in a zip file and add it to my collection.  I have this one that comes in a zip file to start with, and is so compressed that it will fill your entire hard drive if you try to extract the stuff in it.  Such fun.

that's pretty cool. I would have never thought to do that.

Dave

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 01:06:20 am »
that's pretty cool. I would have never thought to do that.
:63424

Sadly, I haven't gotten any viruses in months.  Anybody know a virus-laden site?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 05:56:46 am »
I have this one that comes in a zip file to start with, and is so compressed that it will fill your entire hard drive if you try to extract the stuff in it.

I guess you are talking about the virus that used a zip quine. Basically, it uses a zip that contains itself. So when you unzip it, you get the original zip file which you can unzip to find itself again, and so on for infinity. The virus uses it as a mean to fight the antivirus that when seeing a zip files, extract it to see what's in it, starting an infinite loop where it extracts more stuff until the hard drive is full.

Rather self-defeating for the virus as often forces a clean reinstall.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Dave

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 10:02:35 pm »
I guess you are talking about the virus that used a zip quine. Basically, it uses a zip that contains itself. So when you unzip it, you get the original zip file which you can unzip to find itself again, and so on for infinity. The virus uses it as a mean to fight the antivirus that when seeing a zip files, extract it to see what's in it, starting an infinite loop where it extracts more stuff until the hard drive is full.

Rather self-defeating for the virus as often forces a clean reinstall.

Not quite: this doesn't have an infinite amount of data, just 4500 terabytes worth.  Wikipedia has an article about if you're interested.  (I'd upload it, but I'm pretty sure that violates the rules of the forum).

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 04:56:39 am »
Not quite: this doesn't have an infinite amount of data, just 4500 terabytes worth.  Wikipedia has an article about if you're interested.  (I'd upload it, but I'm pretty sure that violates the rules of the forum).

The non-quine version. Not as sophisticated but effective.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Dave

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2010, 02:32:13 am »

The non-quine version. Not as sophisticated but effective.

Hey, simpler can be better sometimes.  :)

genxnaturist

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2010, 04:28:37 am »
I have many small collections.

One is carry over from my brother who is know dead.  Anycase, though him and other sources, I have many old toy cars, like hotwheels from 70s in original packaging, or even better yet original star wars figures in guess what packaging.   Though that isnt what I am most proud of.  I have my own collection of rocks.  As young boy you kind of go though phases of being an astronaut or into Dinos.  Well I never fully grew up.  I have nice collection of different types of rocks, minerals and so on. Some cool specimins I have is amber with fossilized Insect in it(DINO DNA LOL), Tectites(glass like beads formed from either volcanos, meterites, or nuke explosions), many types of fossils, and few prized meterites.  I actualy have good size meterite which though good friend who is into the trade helped me get.

NudistJosh

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 03:39:01 am »
I collect Coca-Cola memorabilia

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »
I used to collect toy cars, but havent bought any for a couple of years. I also collect SpongeBob memoriblia, but its mostly cuddly toys.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:50 pm »
I have a small collection of spinning tops.
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

dante

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:32 am »
I collect comics. Lots of them :P