Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ok i need help with Flashget ( or i need a reccomendation)  (Read 228 times)

Pinkerbell

Ok i need help with Flashget ( or i need a reccomendation)
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:22:26 am »
Ok so i d/l a lot of stuff online and i use Flashget for my rapidshare stuff... however lately it doesnt wanna work at all. I have tried to uninstall , clean it out of my computer, restart and re-download and to no avail. I did it once before and it worked ok.

Also i get a scrip error lately when i try to use it. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this OR do you know of something else i can use so when i d/l my rapidshare stuff ( right click save) it auto downloads there. Am i making sense? LOL

Any help would be soooo much appreciated!

-pink

Offline strongbowww

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Ok i need help with Flashget ( or i need a reccomendation)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:00:57 pm »
if you are using FF try "Down them all!" plugin

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:28:10 pm »
Ok so i d/l a lot of stuff online and i use Flashget for my rapidshare stuff... however lately it doesnt wanna work at all. I have tried to uninstall , clean it out of my computer, restart and re-download and to no avail. I did it once before and it worked ok.

They actively block download managers now. So you need your download manager to pass itself as a browser they support.

You can use Free Download Manager which is open source and does a good job. You just have to read their rapidshare howto to change your settings so that rapidshare accepts you.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:23 am »
We need our resident Tech-xpert to sort you out Pink. Oh Charlotte....where for art thou, Charlotte????

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 03:22:50 am »

Also i get a scrip error lately when i try to use it. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this OR do you know of something else i can use so when i d/l my rapidshare stuff ( right click save) it auto downloads there. Am i making sense? LOL

Any help would be soooo much appreciated!

-pink

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been soooooooooo busy. D:

Anyway, problem at hand. I've never heard of Flashget so I'm gonna have to start from scratch on this. I'll be reading up on it and stuff, but in the meantime, can you tell me exactly what's going wrong? Is it not booting up at all? Is it running, but won't do anything when you're trying to download something? What is the script error saying exactly? The more exact you tell me what it's doing (or not doing), the easier it'll be for me to do a search about it. Don't be afraid to talk to me like I'm from space. :p

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 04:12:26 am »
Eerrr... Guys? Can I point out I posted a working solution above?
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 03:04:15 pm »

lol yeah I know....was just rattling Charlottes cage....Good to see your still around Charlotte, I've missed your presence. !

Offline Blu Bunny

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! <3
    • My Deviantart Site
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »

Well you never know. I personally would switch programs if something stopped working for me and I couldn't fix it, but other people can be loyalists. Look at all the IE users. XD

lol yeah I know....was just rattling Charlottes cage....Good to see your still around Charlotte, I've missed your presence. !

Hehehe, sorry. I'm still around (more or less), but I miss some things. And I've been preoccupied with school. :x Especially now that it's up again. @n@ I'm always available on MSN though if I'm really needed. ;3

Please visit my Deviant Art Page

Pinkerbell

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:44:39 pm »
Sorry i was gone out of town.

Ok basically when i load Flashget and try to copy/paste the links (rapidshare ones) from the site i d/l from it basically just makes them dead links even though i know they arent dead links. It gives me a script error whenever i even click on anything in flashget  its a invalid character or something or other.

Honestly i dont care what i use as long as it works and its easy to use to d/l the links lol. Im not that computer savvy

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 11:54:44 pm »
If you have noticed, Rapidshare (like most other file hosters) does not do hotlinks, instead linking you to a portal from which to download. To mass-download from RS, you need specialized programs that can contact the file hoster and provide the same input a user would do, including sitting out the waiting time if you are a free user and breaking the captcha if the hoster has one. As far as I know, JDownloader is currently the best thing out there: http://jdownloader.org/home/index?s=lng_en
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Pinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 10:31:25 am »
Ok lol im so confused.

Im not a free user btw

And i d/l from warez and usually with rapidshare all i have to do is highlight and right click and it auto starts and puts them where i have it going.

So what i want to know is that what this does or am i going to have to learn something else LOL

Pinkerbell

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 12:00:07 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you! i got it to work and i truly appreciate the help!