Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Veronicas  (Read 6447 times)

luvthemgiants

Re: The Veronicas
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 07:32:51 pm »
Untouched was huge when i lived in Sydney, still gets  played over here every now and then. great pop tune.

They always came across as really nice people as well

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »
It also went to No.1 in Ireland.  :-D
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »
After splitting with their former record company Warner Music in late October last year, they've now gone with Sony Music and released a big tear-jerking ballad as their new single which has gone straight to No.1 in the charts here.  Hope it'll do the same.  I'm so looking forward to meeting them again soon.  Might ask them what they think about naturism next time around since they've supported Jess Smith and also hit out at critics who have ribbed them for being skinny and so-called "anorexic", when they are naturally petite as they take after their mother who is built the same way as them. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 06:28:09 am »
They've made a huge comeback since the last post.  Their new single "You Ruin Me" has ended up being their biggest hit since "Untouched", it debuted at No.1 in the Australian charts and stayed there for 3 weeks.  Plus their new eponymous album looks like it's done the same thing too.

The most exciting news for me in a while is that they've mentioned me in the album credits in the list of fans they wanted to thank for supporting them during a very messy period when they were in transition between the split between Warner Music and being snapped up by Sony Music.

For those of you who haven't heard "You Ruin Me", here is the video for it:

It has also peaked at No.3 in the UK iTunes charts and No.8 in the national Top 10 chart. 

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 05:11:13 pm »
They've had another huge hit recently with "If You Love Someone", and they've recently made another clip for "Cruel".  They're going to be playing in Brisbane tomorrow for the final date of their Australian "Sanctified" tour, then next month will be playing in the UK.  "You Ruin Me" went to No.8 over there a couple of months ago.  :)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 05:04:18 am »
The Veronicas have surprised and delighted many fans this morning by announcing the release of their new single next Friday called "In My Blood".  The cover artwork features them posing nude by some palm trees wearing only purple body paint and glitter.

Here's the scoop for it: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/music/singing-sisters-the-veronicas-get-their-gear-off-for-new-single-in-my-blood-out-next-week/news-story/aed41af9f31501543d9bf04afed437d3

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 03:12:44 am »