Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ventura County (California) Hot Springs  (Read 1880 times)

ItsMike

Ventura County (California) Hot Springs
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:47 am »
I was able to visit the hot springs in Ojai, CA today. It's really hard to find information about them online (although, you can, unfortunately) - they are on private property and the owner doesn't want directions posted online, because it attracts the wrong type of crowd. Word of mouth only!

It was quite crowded - about 20-25 people all together - but about half was a group of teens / younger adults that were fully clothed including t-shirts, and drinking in the uppermost pool. No one else really bothered with the upper pool because of the loud crowd there. In fact, there was a couple that was waiting in their car and came down every 20 or 30 minutes seemingly to see if they were still there.

The springs beneath below were very nice and DEFINITELY worth it - there are about 4 or 5 decently sized springs of various temperatures. Everyone down there was really chill - a couple families and a few couples mostly. Most people there seemed to be on the younger side as well. And, unlike many hot springs, there is no hike to get to them - it's about a 5 minute walk from where you park.  Very beautiful location! Here are a few pictures from online, I didn't take any myself: http://heartyourself.blogspot.com/2007/07/ojai-revisited.html
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:35:17 am by ItsMike »