Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: FKK Family Nudism  (Read 25901 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
FKK Family Nudism
« on: November 03, 2012, 03:01:38 pm »

An Article from the Nude Review
Nudism For Families
  This is where the idea of nudism begins for most people. Wholesome gatherings of like-minded folks enjoying nature without the hindrance of bathing suits or clothes of any kind. Moms, dads, kids playing blissfully on the beaches or mastering their ping-pong skills during lively community recreations. "Recreation" is a key word here. FKK seems to also mean being very active, and sponsors all sorts of competitions for all ages, from body painting to archery and even 'pagan' dancing. Days are organized around the various activities, most everyone participates, all in a safe and sound environment.

Not surprisingly, all the same dynamics play out in these nudist camps and beaches as you'd find on a regular textile beach community sponsored event. Kids play and frolic, bend and dip in ways you wouldn't think prudent for a nudist; older teens group-up and flirt (as I always say, it's very interesting to witness). Girls tease the boys; boys show off.

Older teens act very blasé with that annoying mature demeanor (they know everything, you know nothing), have learned a thing or two about correct posture, and give their parents fits as teens do all over the globe, naked or clothed. (Imagine yourself taking this all in as you as have a post-lunch stroll around the park.) 

And moms and dads behave as they do everywhere. Mom will be busy in her usual ways, being the voice of reason and instruction ("sit on towels!"), instruct on matters of hygiene, have motherly worries but great pride in her healthy bright kids. Dad will busy himself with the newspaper, oversee the sports competitions, talk politics with the other men. You would hardly know these people were all stark-raving naked. And from there, from the FKK ideal, nudism has blossomed and morphed and now enjoys expression in every way imaginable. It's important to remember at the root of nudism is a fundamentally healthy way of life--uncomplicated but with many layers of meaning for its participants. It's very a very sensual and meaningful way to engage the planet. It should be for all ages.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
Re: FKK Family Nudism
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »

The only difference about being in a naturist/nudist and textile environment is that on is all nude and the other one clothed. But basically everyone is doing their stuff (cleaning, talking, reading, doing homework etc) while in the nude. I only hope I can bring up my own family with these same values, so they will be comfortable in their own skin, and learn about the human body at an early age so my kids won't be curious engaging in questionable, maybe dangerous behavior when they get older, all because of the mystery of the human body. Also think this will bring a family much closer together... something that we don't see very often in today's world. Cheers for FKK!!!   :2345
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline FKKFan

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:14:13 am »
The problem is that as soon as somebody mentions "family nudism" he automatically is put into the paedophile corner.

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:35:11 am »
this shows exactly the problem.
the first thoughts of many people are just sexual thougts and associations when they hear nudism...
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

fsjm2112

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:46 pm »
I think people are more afraid to hear the term nudist. Once they hear "nudist," they think exhibitionist and sex. I recently had this experience with my family which pushes me more away from confronting them about by nudism.

deervalley

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:41:27 pm »
It will most likely be our generation that helps to change the stigma associated with nudism or nudist, per the comments above.  If I were to bring it up to my mom or dad that I love to go nude and now beginning to chose vacations and outings associated with it, they would think they had failed as parents.  It's sad, but true.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »
Its nice to see us portrayed as normal for a change.
what's to say?

Offline FKKFan

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 04:12:53 pm »

But we are not normal, we are very special! ;)

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:55:19 am »

I know but most of the timd when we turn up in the press it seems to be for cheap laughs and riddicule.
what's to say?

Offline nzmj

• Nude with Towel
  • Travelling Kiwi nude guy
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »
good article, the people should try nudism...
... because i know a lot of girls, they are shocked when i see a bit of her bra or something like that ( in those days when i went to school, and had sports) but when they are going to the beach they wear a bikini... So where are the difference?..

That is so true! 

It seems like on American TV the characters are "shocked" to see a man in big white baggy shorts that must be some form of underwear boxer shorts (are these really popular underwear in USA or just for TV?)...

They blush and turn away like they are naked with an erection... they're just shorts people!!!!

I'm sure wearing Speedos in USA must be fairly common - they wear them at the Olympics etc, so would those same characters and people alike actually be all shy and embarrassed if they were on a beach with the same man wearing Speedos?

I don't know.  Bemused I am. 

I'm a part time actor and if I have a costume change I just take my pants off (leaving tight boxers on) and put the next pair on, no shame at all.  Everyone seems to do it.  No big scary blushes or turning away etc lol.

N.M.S.

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 06:36:05 pm »
Just goes to show that nudists are really no different from non-nudists. I would urge anyone who thinks otherwise to read this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 02:48:48 pm by N.M.S. »

rdfcguy

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 03:59:24 am »
good article, the people should try nudism...
... because i know a lot of girls, they are shocked when i see a bit of her bra or something like that ( in those days when i went to school, and had sports) but when they are going to the beach they wear a bikini... So where are the difference?..

That is so true! 

It seems like on American TV the characters are "shocked" to see a man in big white baggy shorts that must be some form of underwear boxer shorts (are these really popular underwear in USA or just for TV?)...

They blush and turn away like they are naked with an erection... they're just shorts people!!!!

I'm sure wearing Speedos in USA must be fairly common - they wear them at the Olympics etc, so would those same characters and people alike actually be all shy and embarrassed if they were on a beach with the same man wearing Speedos?

I don't know.  Bemused I am. 

I'm a part time actor and if I have a costume change I just take my pants off (leaving tight boxers on) and put the next pair on, no shame at all.  Everyone seems to do it.  No big scary blushes or turning away etc lol.

The whole "exposed underwear" thing is just the tv-friendly way we portray embarrassment by nudity in our media, especially when it's meant for children (e.g. Saturday morning cartoons). Think of it as a visual euphemism.

Living in southern California for the last decade, I can tell you that Americans (or at least Californians- we're 10% of all the American population) are not that sensitive about being caught in our skivvies. Hell, many girls at my high school wear strips of fabric as shirts, leaving everything under clearly visible.

As for Speedos, they are not uncommon, but they are also the butt of many jokes in reference to how little it leaves to the imagination, although most high school male swim teams wear them in competition. We aren't really so prudish as to be avert to Speedos or visible undergarments, they are indicative to our pervasive cultural discomfort to nudity, since they come very close to it.

Offline Caliboy

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 03:02:49 pm »
Thank you, Danee, for bumping this thread. A wonderful article, and a great subject for discussion! In fact, after reading this article/thread, combined with another thread that I have now lost, but which related to the possibility of naturism being on the decline due to everyone carrying a phone/camera all the time, my thoughts and observations were stirred to the point that I wish to share.

(This may be a more appropriate response to that thread which I cannot find, so mods feel free to move this if you wish.)

The article is exactly on point. My waffels taste the same whether I am clothed or nude. My garden accepts the water I give it, whether I am clothed or nude. The dishes come just as clean while washing them nude as when washing them while clothed. Nothing is any different.

I am not sure that the omnipresence of phones/cameras makes a huge difference. I am not discounting that theory, I just cannot support it, either. For the present, I will remain neutral on that particular possibility.

One thing I do notice, however, with people in my own age group, and even a bit older, so perhaps I should refer to it as my generation rather than my age group. This particular behaviour seems to be prevalent everywhere I go. And that issue is: Branding. Obviously, clothing manufacturers are not in favour of naturism. And they have figured out how to get free advertising; in fact, to get us to pay them to let us advertise for them. Over several years, they have created a mentality where we WANT to wear their brands, in huge letters and designs across our chests and around our waists. Even when trying to look a bit less casual, you see it. Polos have a logo on the chest, jeans have a designer name on the pocket. We have been taught (perhaps the correct term is 'brainwashed') that advertising for the manufacturers is somehow demonstrating our diverse personalities.

Of course, the opposite is true. Wearing someone else's name across your T-shirt shows their personality, not your own. It does not celebrate who we are, but rather how much we spend. On the other hand, when nude, we cannot hide behind someone else's name, nor flaunt our relative wealth. And since those two “needs” are becoming more prevalent, the wearing of clothing has to logically follow.

Add to that the fact that most teenagers are insecure (myself included, just in different ways). We WANT to hide, to some degree. We have grown up seeing how wonderful other people are, reading every day, every hour, of famous people, actors and singers, seeing into the intimate details of their lives on the internet. We have grown up being told that we should emulate other people (actors, politicians, and particularly sports stars). But we never see them at the naturist resort…. We see them wearing branded clothing, and we then want to do the same.

Since it is impossible to be nude and display the brands that we want to show, we dress. I have probably been affected by this less than many, but I even see it among my siblings and cousins, who are growing up in clothing-optional families. They often CHOOSE to wear clothing just to show the brands they like, or to show places and activities they have been to.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with wearing a T-shirt to support the footie team you play on, or to show that you visited some resort. (Although it would be ironic if your T-shirt advertised a naturist resort.) But when we really want to be who we truly are, no clothing displays that. Our bodies do. And learning to accept those bodies is becoming increasingly difficult in a world where we are continually told to hide behind someone else's brand name, where the messages we receive are that advertising is acceptable but natural skin is not.

Granted, this is only one factor among a myriad of signals that our minds are being fed. But I think that for a specific generation, it is definitely a factor. Add to it the general tendency of parents to not talk about the human body with their children, to leave education about our bodies and minds to school rather than family, the sexualisation of our bodies and of nudity via the internet, and the general fear of speaking of (or thinking of) genitalia as a natural and integral part of the human body. . . . . . .  and you certainly have the basis for a reduction in the naturist population. Or perhaps I should say, for an increase in the number of people whom are uncomfortable with their own bodies.

Ironic, the notation in my status: "Topless with Bottoms"
In real life, it is more often "bottomless with top"

steve tanner

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 05:04:46 am »
I wish we had FKK in the US

Offline annbirgit

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 08:45:25 am »

Yes verrry special. hihi....and we enjoy it! :smiley: