Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Advice to Parents: Don't Panic Kids' Interest in Nudity Is Normal  (Read 2926 times)

Stuart

Advice to Parents: Don't Panic Kids' Interest in Nudity Is Normal
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:00:13 am »
Parents should not worry when their young children touch themselves, seem interested in nudity or sit a little too close to others, as long as the behavior does not occur all that often and the child can be distracted from it, according to a new report by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

On the other hand, children who openly imitate intimate sexual acts, engage in sexualized play with peers who are much younger or older, or act out sexually may need further assessment or intervention, according to the report, published this week in the journal Pediatrics.

Full article here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/28/AR2009082803243.html

Nude_not_rude

Re: Advice to Parents: Don't Panic Kids' Interest in Nudity Is Normal
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:58 am »
my little nephew loves running around nekkid before bath time - thinks it's a big laugh. might be a future streaker!

Yeah mine too and after the bath, lol he even includes a groovy little dance and cracks himself up laughing. My sister tells him to get dressed as I'm there (i.e.a  visitor) and I always comment that I really couldn't care if he does or not, but she wins and he has to get dressed.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:57:41 am by Toddo »