Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The September Issue  (Read 890 times)

sydney25

The September Issue
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:15:53 am »
Ok as a naturist/nudist what could be more appropriate or relevant than watching a documentary film on the fashion industry? So on Tuesday I went to the cinema to watch a documentary directed by RJ Cutler called The September Issue. It was about the making of the September 2007 issue of American Vogue and its editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. Meryl Streep's character in the The Devil Wears Prada is supposed to be partly based on her. I have never read American Vogue and have very little interest in the fashion industry so I went along wondering if this was for me. It certainly was. I loved it and found it fascinating. It did not take itself too seriously and was great fun. I thought it presented a well rounded image of Anna Wintour and though at first I found her quite cold you could see a warmth when she was with her daughter or talking about her father. The real hero of the piece has to be Vogue artistic director Grace Coddington and her relationship with Ms Wintour. She is the only one prepared to stand up to her boss and there are some disagreements between the two which are gems in this film. You can also see that the two have great warmth for each other. Both really care about the magazine and although fashion magazines are not my thing I could not help admiring both of them and their dedication. I really enjoyed this film and highly recommend it  :2345

'The September Issue' Trailer HD