Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sheila Kelley: Let's Get Naked: TED Talk  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Sheila Kelley: Let's Get Naked: TED Talk
« on: December 25, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »
In the following talk at TED, Sheila Kelley shows the Yin Yang symbol and describes how each of us, male and female, have the potential for both Yin feminine and Yang masculine. But in what she calls "The Yin Effect", we live in a world which cuts out a piece of the Yin feminine from women that part which deals with their sexuality. How? Ms. Kelley talks of the negativity towards female sexuality and goes on to recount a personal and poignant story of when she was 7 years old. She and two neighbour boys, on a hot summer day, all took of their tops and laid down in the cool grass. The mother of the boys yelled out the window to the 7 year old Ms. Kelley to put her top back on, that she was a naughty girl and that she should be ashamed of herself. Mom then sent the 7 year old girl home. And so it starts the suppression of female sexuality.[/size]Does a fish know it's living in a bowl? Do we truly understand the society we live in? Do we actually know what's right and what's wrong? This talk by Sheila Kelley is incredible. This should be a must-see for both women and men. As Ms. Kelley goes on to point out, from the simple admonishment of when she was 7 years old, to a woman having to keep her knees together and paying close attention to how she dresses and the threat of being labelled with such terms as whore or slut, the collective we does everything it can to suppress a woman's sexuality. We are so mixed up in this situation like the fish in the bowl; we do not understand what's going on around us.
Let's Get Naked: Sheila Kelley at TEDxAmericanRivieraThere exists in every woman an Erotic Creature. When Sheila Kelley discovered this sleeping giant, her life changed irrevocably. She had stumbled upon what women were missing and launched it into a worldwide sensation, ushering in the 4th wave of feminism by teaching women to own their sexuality. Let's Get Naked is about exposing the truth and the Erotic Creature, both of which rest just beneath the surface.

[/size][/size]From: [/size]http://www.oyetimes.com/tabloid/relationships/33510-sheila-kelley-let-s-get-naked-ted-talk

[/size][/font]
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

nomadicnudist

Re: Sheila Kelley: Let's Get Naked: TED Talk
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:20:33 pm »
Can't wait to watch it.  Will probably repost it on tumblr.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »
It's TEDx though.

This is a TED-like event but without the intellectual rigour. Not to say it's a bad talk (I didn't watch it yet) but TEDx talks need to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially if we are likely to agree with the premise.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »
Great find!

:)
Joey

nomadicnudist

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
I enjoyed the talk.  I like how Ms. Kelley walks it back to her childhood, being reprimanded at 7 years old for being topless.   I hope I never inadvertently do anything like that to my kids.

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »
 :908
Every man should be required to see this.

I agree with Joseph Campbell's statement. Unfortunately, I also agree with Ms. Kelley. That message has been perverted.

Let's get back to the real function of man and woman. Let's protect each other and enjoy our differences.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:24 am »
Great talk. Thanks for posting this.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:10:52 am »
I agree with Joseph Campbell's statement.

I disagree with him. Women are not weak little things that ought to be protected by men. We should all look out for each other instead of having one gender depending on the protection of the other.

Unless we go back to being hunter-gatherers, than it would make sense. But not in our current society.

As for the rest of the talk, I found it interesting except for the part where she assume that women have all of the body image issues of the world and men have none.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline seamus

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 07:44:45 pm »
Well said Dan! I totally agree.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 02:48:14 am »