Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Text too small to read? Here's a little trick  (Read 110 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 1
Text too small to read? Here's a little trick
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:05:32 pm »
If you find text on the net which you find too small to read (quoted text on this board would be an example for me), there's an easy way to zoom in and out on a page. Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and press + to zoom in or  - to zoom out.

I don't have any clue whether it works or not in Internet Explorer or Safari as I don't have them available to test but if I have to guess, I'll say it probably works. If use Firefox, Chrome or Opera, it will work.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Text too small to read? Here's a little trick
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:50:42 pm »
I thought this was common knowledge, being documented under View/Zoom... . It is faster to hold Ctrl and use the scroll wheel, anyway, and Ctrl+0 will revert to default if you have trouble finding the original size. Of course, if you have a multi-touch trackpad (Eee PC, some newer Apple laptops and others) you can just spread two fingers, that will do the job as well.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 12:00:48 am »
I thought this was common knowledge, being documented under View/Zoom...

Apparently, you never worked at a help desk! :-P

A large percentage of users will type www.google.com than in the search box type www.facebook.com and click on the first link. You cannot make any assumption about user knowledge, including the ability to read.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

sa-bi-ne

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 01:05:26 am »
You cannot make any assumption about user knowledge, including the ability to read.

Well, at least they know how to read the numbers! And type them on the phone! :786