Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE FOR BRISBANE 2013  (Read 7345 times)

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: WORLD NAKED BIKE RIDE FOR BRISBANE 2013
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 08:08:44 am »
 :e4444 thanks Dario
nude is natural

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24:45 am »
Close enough we'll chalk that one up to the Doukhabors anyway

I don't think that the Doukhobors were into bicycling but they were keen on nude protest . . . also bombings and arson.   The other thing that I'm sure of is that the current Criminal Code section regarding nudity is the Douk's legacy in this country.  The Douk's have faded away to near extinction but Canadian naturists live with their legacy.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 05:19:54 am »
There are about 40000 of them in Canada mostly around here and as I recall the nude protests were their form of civil disobediance as they're pacifists - haven't heard anything about any bombings.

Not saying it didn't happen - just seems out of character.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 09:47:12 am »
There are about 40000 of them in Canada mostly around here and as I recall the nude protests were their form of civil disobediance as they're pacifists - haven't heard anything about any bombings.

Not saying it didn't happen - just seems out of character.

From the number you quote I assume that you read the first two paras of the wiki article and then stopped.  Read through to the end.

"Today an estimated 20,000–40,000 people of Doukhobor heritage live in Canada, some 4,000 of them claiming "Doukhobor" as their religious affiliation."

"In less than a half a century Sons of Freedom acts of violence and arson rose to 1112 separate events and over $20 million in damages (bill to taxpayers) that included public school bombings and burnings, bombings of Canadian railroad bridges and tracks, the bombing of the Nelson courthouse, and a huge power transmission tower servicing the East Kootenay district resulting in the loss of 1200 jobs."

And that $20 million is in 1920s $$$ so don't forget to apply the inflation factor . . . approx $267 million . . . not a bad score for a bunch of pacifists.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:43 am »
You're right I didn't read the whole thing - I got bored after I found the number I was looking for.

According to Wikipedia it wasn't the Doukhobors in whole but a radical minority that carried out the nude protests and a splinter group from there (extremists - where have I heard that before?) that carried out the bombings.

For some reason people around here don't remember or don't want to talk about the bombings possibly because they occurred so long ago (before the 'purge') whereas the nude protests continued into the 70s.

I guess Lady Godiva  beat us to it and it seems Conrad Schmidt is originally from South Africa but I think nude protest as a concept has a decidedly Canadian feel