Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A Good Day to Die Hard  (Read 1322 times)

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
A Good Day to Die Hard
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:27:04 pm »
Pros:  Plenty of epic action.  Great car chase scene in the beginning and a scene involving a helicopter propeller towards the end is just the tip of the iceberg.  Jai Courteney as Jack Gennaro (McClane) is surprisingly decent and didn't hamper the flow of the film like I thought he would.

Cons:  Very weak plot.  The cowboy swagger of John McClane seems to be nearly absent unlike previous installments.

Verdict:  Proceed with caution.  This one is definitely not the best of the Die Hard franchise, but there was plenty of action to satisfy this Die Hard fan.  Go in with low expectations.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Stuart

Re: A Good Day to Die Hard
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »
A good day not to go to the cinema?

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »
Is it ridiculously over the top unrealistic like Die Hard 4.0?
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:47 pm »
Is it ridiculously over the top unrealistic like Die Hard 4.0?

There were moments that had me scratching my head, but I went in with the suspended belief of anything realistic.  I find this needs to happen to be able to enjoy some (not all obviously) action films.  I did enjoy the film for mainly the action scenes.  They are over the top, but they are fun. 

And I enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4.0).
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:52:46 am »
I enjoyed the movie.  Plot-wise, it didn't quite stand up to the first 3 movies in the series, however I felt it had more of the "die hard" feel than the 4th movie for some reason.

One major difference that I noticed is how in the first 3 movies, McClane is essentially acting alone for himself (wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time scenario).  However in the 4th and 5th movies, his actions are mainly for the sake of his kids who are now grown.  Given that he was estranged from both of his kids, I feel the last 2 movies showed a bit of a different side of his character as he fought to protect them instead.  It was something different and gave his character a more compassionate feel in my opinion.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:39:49 pm »
A big piece of crap. So bad that it makes the fourth one an instant classic.
A nova geração.