Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cool Runnings: Sledders In Naked Dash for Glory  (Read 3864 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Cool Runnings: Sledders In Naked Dash for Glory
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:43 am »
I found this great article about a group of German nudists sleding with just their undies on. Brave people!! Looks a lot of fun though

It's no secret that many Germans are big into nudism. Some even like to wander naked through the forests on a summer's day. Even the threat of frostbite doesn't deter the diehards. Twenty-five men and women took part in a naked sledding race on Saturday wearing next to nothing.

Wearing nothing but helmets, underpants and boots, 13 men and 12 women braved the cold on Saturday to take part in a nude snow-sledding race in the eastern German resort of Altenberg in the Ore Mountains.

Local radio station RSA, which organized the spectacle, said some 5,000 people came to watch it. Twice that many had been expected, but heavy snow and freezing temperatures kept people away.

"Despite the snow chaos, almost 5,000 visitors came to cheer on snow bunnies, nudism lovers and sledding fans," RSA said in a statement.

But the inclement weather didn't put off the contestants. Neither did the unfeasibly small size of the blue plastic sleds, which forced them to make a lot of bare body contact with the snow as they hurtled down the slope to glory.

Singer and former model Nico Schwanz, who starred in the German version of the reality TV show "I'm a Celebrity -- Get Me Out of Here," won the men's event and donated the prize money of €1,000 ($1,321) to charity. He also gets to call himself "Nacktrodelmeister" -- which means "Naked Sledding Champion."

Annett Schnädelbach from Radebeul near Dresden won the women's event. Despite the smaller-than-expected audience, the station says it will probably repeat the competition next year.

To view the article and some great pictures too: http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/german-resort-hosts-naked-snow-sledding-competition-a-885361.html
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Cool Runnings: Sledders In Naked Dash for Glory
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:42:44 am »
 :879  All I can say is "OOH!  OUCH!"

Couldn't they have found some longer sleds?
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

mikeisnude

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »
 :45  I've obviously failed to keep up on sled technology.  I've never seen sleds like these.  somehow they don't seem like and advancement.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »
I think they are toboggans maybe?
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:07 am »
I think they are toboggans maybe?

Nope . . .

Toboggan (traditional)

Sled

Sleds (usually) have runner . . . toboggans don't.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »
I found this great article about a group of German nudists sleding with just their undies on. Brave people!! Looks a lot of fun though

Sure! Why not eh?