Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude places in London?  (Read 12769 times)

claudio

Nude places in London?
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »
Hi everyone. I saw the thread about Elixir, and I would love to try it one day!

Like I said in my introduction, my contact with naturism has been because of nude saunas. I enjoyed having sauna the proper way a lot, and learnt to be comfortable nude, and relax and enjoy the naturality of it.

Looking in London it seems only Elixir is a naturist place, and maybe the sauna in Swiss Cottage. Rios in Kentish Town seems to be know to be a sex club kind of place, so obviously far away from what I look for.

I've been to a nice turkish bath called Iron Mongers Row a few times in the past, but then it closed and has been renewed, only to open a lot more expensive than before (it used to be 8£, now it's like 20..!!!). The thing with iron mongers was that nudity was allowed only during the men only days (during the week it was always men or women only day), which is not 100% naturist, but at least it meant that for someone on his own, it was a chance to have a proper sauna. Also, the vastest majority of people went nude.

I've been to other swimming pools/gyms where the spa area is women or men only, but they nearly all seem to have people in swimsuit in them. Nudity IS allowed, but because of the culture and the contrast of being the only nude person, I never took my swimsuit off too. I know it wouldn't have been a wrong thing, and quite natural, but on the other hand I must understand that maybe the culture is different, and if you are the only one you don't want people to think you are being... different! (and not in a nice way u know...)

So my question is, do you know any nice places where to relax in a nice sauna/steam room without clothes on? Both unisex and men or women only would be nice. The men only wouldn't be 100% naturist like I said, but because of the different culture (we're not in Germany...!) that's the best chance of having a proper sauna, especially because I'm on my own and don't have friends that share the interest.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in London here, and maybe not the only one who wouldn't mind to go on his own etc, so I think this thread could be useful.

I heard of Porchester Spa, but never been. And, again, like Iron Mongers now, it is around 20£, so not too cheap... Has anyone been to swiss cottage unisex sauna? Is it a proper and nice place?

Come on, let's share our London knowledge :)

ajordan1980

Re: Nude places in London?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:51 pm »
Do you have to have a membership at all to attend clubs in the UK.  I am heading back to Canada in a few weeks but would love to check one out before I go.  Not sure if it is worth getting a membership to  use once.  Not sure when I will be back.  I usually go to Bare Oaks in Toronto which is an awesome park. 

Also does any one know of any good Naturist B&B's? 

naturallynude

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 03:49:34 pm »
You really should try Elixir. It is a fantastic place. I hope to go again once finances sort themselves out.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 03:51:08 pm »
There are many c/o B&B's around the country. The nearest to me is Relish 19 but that is all the way up north near Bradford. This site has a good list of naturist accommodation

http://naco.org.uk/na/
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Fazer87

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:07:06 pm »
Starkers night club.. heaps of fun.. you should give it a go sometime :)

ajordan1980

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
You really should try Elixir. It is a fantastic place. I hope to go again once finances sort themselves out.

yea i would love to try there.  I fly home on the 7th and only have from the 6th in London Gatwick area.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:34 pm »
Does Starkers still exist? Everything I hear is that it closed down permanently in 2010.

Elixir's a lovely place to go relax, however.

Offline Fazer87

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 09:40:45 pm »
yeah its still about.  its now a conventional club which does occasional C/O nights... so its not the same, but it is still on the scene

hangnaked81

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »

I heard of Porchester Spa, but never been. And, again, like Iron Mongers now, it is around 20£, so not too cheap... Has anyone been to swiss cottage unisex sauna? Is it a proper and nice place?

I used to go occasionally to Porchester when I was living in London. In general, I didn't find that many people enjoyed the facilities nude. Most were in bathing suits or wraps that were provided when you checked in. The only exception was the plunge pool, which some people used nude to avoid getting their wrap wet.

It's been a few years since I was there though. I'd be curious to hear if you've checked it out since your original post or if others had different experiences.

naturallynude

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »
You should go to the swim BN/naturist London host at the ULU building on Sundays at 12pm if memory serves me correctly. It is just up behind UCL. You never know you might even see the famous ME.