Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cultural Taboo  (Read 9449 times)

Offline TheBestYoucan

• Nude with Towel
  • Floppy Happy Sunny Funny
  • Referrals: 0
Cultural Taboo
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:24:26 am »

So I'm not really sure what's going on as far as the dialogue goes except for two European or Western women seem to be bathing with some Africans who show no embarrassment at their own bodies... but the attitude of the two white women is very negative to their bathing experience.

How ridiculous must they seem to the African women? Oh no, my boobs popped out... in front of other women, bathing! OMG!!
PM me anytime for a chat! :)

Offline mike345

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
Re: Cultural Taboo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:23 am »
That was definitely weird. I wonder what the dialogue was? The funny thing is that I didn't even notice the Africans were topless because of their casualness for some time. I did find myself focused on the white girls covering their breasts because that's what they made the focal point of the interaction.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »
Actually, I think this clip is kinda good. We have two opposite views and attitudes about the nude form. The attitude of the african women and the spanish women.

I think the idea for this clip is that those two spanish women are there to experience first hand the life of Suri women.

On the bathing scene the african women are wondering why those two white girls can't bathe normally and even offer their help to wash them. Then they wonder what they are ashamed of. As the other woman gets a bit ticket they say, "don't be angry" before she walks away to the background.
Later on one of the suri women says: "I think Chapeli doesn't like her breasts."

When they are dressed to Suri clothing they ask why are they cover their breasts.

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »

Why can't people just relax about their bodies? All bodies are beautiful. Being naked can't always mean that a sexual situation is going to take place. Also, everyone should be proud about our bodies! its such a great creation. I agree that the African women seem so casual and feel great about their own breast, and the more civilized women make it seem like its such a bad thing, even though physically they look great.   :324
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 11:18:23 pm »
 :e2w would be great if we were in world with relaxed nudity.
nude is natural

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »
Wow!  Where to begin? 

What were the two white girls so upset about, the presence of a camera or being semi-naked in front of strangers? 
Also, what else was going on around them, was there a 12-guy film crew staring at them from the stream bank? 
All good questions with no good answers.

With those disclaimers I'd just like to say that these two women seem to have missed a great opportunity for a little intercultural sisterhood because whatever else they do with that group of African women the African's thoughts about them will forever be coloured by the hostility seen in that (non) bathing video.  Water in many parts of Africa is so precious that the sight of the two white women thumbing their noses at such luxury will forever stick with the Africans.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline twiggie

• Manamana
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:15:16 pm »
Wow!  Where to begin? 

What were the two white girls so upset about, the presence of a camera or being semi-naked in front of strangers? 
Also, what else was going on around them, was there a 12-guy film crew staring at them from the stream bank? 
All good questions with no good answers.

With those disclaimers I'd just like to say that these two women seem to have missed a great opportunity for a little intercultural sisterhood because whatever else they do with that group of African women the African's thoughts about them will forever be coloured by the hostility seen in that (non) bathing video.  Water in many parts of Africa is so precious that the sight of the two white women thumbing their noses at such luxury will forever stick with the Africans.
:3145
I think you hit the nail on the head, and I can kind of understand if there were a bunch of clothed men on the banks but they made a terrible impression when they could have had a great experience.
It's better to be naked with your friends, than clothed with your enemies.

Offline The Streaker

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:26 pm »
 Man, there is all kinds of comfortable while watching this! At least the blonde girl is semi-comfortable. Even though she covers up it looks as though she isn't too uptight. Oh how I would love to know what the African women were thinking...
"I'm just trying to be me. Whoever that is."

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 08:41:24 am »

I'd imagine that it was probably the camera.  They were worried about how others would react when their friends and family see the video.  People can be weird about that stuff.  My friend Andrea worked as a professional model.  She did "implied nudes" where she was naked during the shoot but posed in such a way that she was covered enough to be rated PG in the final shots. She used to go to Haulover beach with me and had no problems going nude there infront of hundreds of people.  But she also turned down several lucrative offers for full nude shoots.  I've only ever linked to pics of her and I on the nude beach because she was OK that we took the pics on the condition that I'd censor them before posting them on the net.  Here is one with my old roommate James.  He's on about the same page as she was.  He doesn't care that there is a censored pic floating around showing that he was naked on the beach.  He just doesn't want the actual pic floating around. 

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 02:04:08 pm »
I'd imagine that it was probably the camera.  They were worried about how others would react when their friends and family see the video.  People can be weird about that stuff.  My friend Andrea worked as a professional model.  She did "implied nudes" where she was naked during the shoot but posed in such a way that she was covered enough to be rated PG in the final shots. She used to go to Haulover beach with me and had no problems going nude there infront of hundreds of people.  But she also turned down several lucrative offers for full nude shoots.  I've only ever linked to pics of her and I on the nude beach because she was OK that we took the pics on the condition that I'd censor them before posting them on the net.  Here is one with my old roommate James.  He's on about the same page as she was.  He doesn't care that there is a censored pic floating around showing that he was naked on the beach.  He just doesn't want the actual pic floating around.

I might be the same if a camera was rolling - I don't really know. There was more than just nudity though it looked like they took the touching as an invasion. Definitely too bad and a simple case of the reaction you can expect when someone is pushed beyond their boundaries.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:09:10 pm by ToneBender »