Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked beachgoers causing controversy in one Hawaiian community  (Read 4403 times)

Offline skycladsusy

• Shouting it out loud
  • BANNED
  • Referrals: 1
Hopefully I can post this here.

Naked beachgoers causing controversy in one Hawaiian community
http://local.msn.com/naked-beachgoers-causing-controversy-in-one-hawaiian-community

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Naked beachgoers causing controversy in one Hawaiian community
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:35:00 am »
Hopefully I can post this here.

Naked beachgoers causing controversy in one Hawaiian community
http://local.msn.com/naked-beachgoers-causing-controversy-in-one-hawaiian-community

Hmm, can't read the MSN page, not quick enough . . . it appears for just a moment then morphs into a page for my local weather.   :56789
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:52:38 pm »
Same here...

Offline TheBestYoucan

• Nude with Towel
  • Floppy Happy Sunny Funny
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »
Works fine for me... strange!

Not sure if this is the same as the beach known as "Little Beach" in Hawaii that you can read many awesome reviews about online as to it's clothing optional (unofficial nature) and drum circles.
PM me anytime for a chat! :)

Offline skycladsusy

• Shouting it out loud
  • BANNED
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »
For those having problems reading it:

Even an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow polka dot bikini would be better than what some folks are wearing -- a whole lot of nothing -- into the waters at Mokuleia Beach.

The secluded beach on Oahu's North Shore is advertised as one of the last undeveloped stretches of the island's shoreline -- a picturesque vision where sandy beaches meet sapphire waters and seashells wash up just begging to be collected. As reported by KITV Honolulu, Mokuleia has a reputation for being a secluded spot where locals can enjoy their community; it also has a growing reputation as a gay-friendly nude beach where sunbathers are free to strip down.

Video: Nudity on North Shore beach causes controversy

Residents aren't pleased. "We like for our family to just relax, have fun," said local William Kahapea. "To see someone just turning over, bare-naked, is kind of disturbing."

Signs along the highway near Mokuleia stress that illegal activity -- including nudity -- could lead to an arrest and fine. But people in the community say that isn't helping, as the nude crowd gets more visible, more brazen, and more inappropriate. Recently, one man was arrested for open lewdness.

"It's kind of taking the beach away from the community," said Mike Dailey, a Mokuleia resident. "We hope something can be done to return this beach back to the community."

mikeisnude

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »
It worked fine for me   :345  so anyway what we have here is another case of naked sexual people giving nudists/naturists a bad name with their behavior.  Just as in SF last year its a few messing it up for the many.   :324

Offline The Streaker

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:56:24 pm »
So if the real reason is that people are being inappropriate and using the beach to justify their actions, what to we do? Serious question. What should nudists do? Do we need to educate the public?
"I'm just trying to be me. Whoever that is."

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:08 am »
So if the real reason is that people are being inappropriate and using the beach to justify their actions, what to we do? Serious question. What should nudists do? Do we need to educate the public?

Thanks Susy for posting the text because my browser jumps to the weather too. I like to blame microsoft for such things...

And yes TJG that is exactly what we must do. We must strive to separate (in people's minds) nudity from lewd behaviour.

Offline Bobbert

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 03:56:55 am »

Thanks Susy for posting the text because my browser jumps to the weather too. I like to blame microsoft for such things...

And yes TJG that is exactly what we must do. We must strive to separate (in people's minds) nudity from lewd behaviour.

They need to have a group of folks who can advocate for the beach and who can encourage decent behavior.

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 06:14:33 am »
They really need to differentiate between lewdness and nudity...there IS a difference.  As usual, its the actions of a few that will ruin it for the many.