Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Brighton nudist beach  (Read 8502 times)

Nudos

Brighton nudist beach
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »
I am wondering whether it is worth to visit the Brighton nudist beach during summer.
Are there many visitors? How is the water quality? etc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:29:19 pm by Nudos »

naturallynude

Re: Brighton nudist beach
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:55:55 pm »
I never have used the beach there but whilst at 6th Form in nearby Bexhill never heard anything about bad water you should be ok. Also Hastings down the road from bexhill has a nude beach too. If your interested to know.

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:26 pm »
Brighton beach is my idea of hell. It's full of gawkers and It's a fairly miserable location. Fairlight Glen along by Hastings is a lovely spot, just ignore the online warnings about access, they're being melodramatic and the beach is accessible to any able bodied person.

c1108r

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 08:59:47 pm »
^ What Stuart says.

DoozerUK

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 10:24:06 pm »
I wouldn't bother with Brighton. Just awful.

If you've got transport though, I second Fairlight glen. It's a lovely little beach and well worth a visit.

http://southeast.bn.org.uk/index.php/2012/08/sussex-fairlight-glen/

Karla

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 05:36:21 am »
The lanes in Brighton are worth visiting though, just not the nudist beach.

When my German cousin visited as a teenager, I took her around Brighton and we went swimming at the beach (not the nudist section). Afterwards she asked where the showers were and I had to explain that we were in Britain and that they often didn't supply such things on beaches (at least I'd never found any).

Westernyelp

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »
What makes Brighton so bad? I have never heard a good report on it.

c1108r

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »
The wankers.

Seriously.

Actively wanking away.

Also, there's a minority of gay people who are voyeurs and parade about emphasising their mandom and it's really not needed.

You also get bystanders, pointing and laughing, going 'ha ha he's got his willy out' which is what I've heard but I'm thankful I wasn't laughed at. Phew.

'Cos then I would have beat them up, innit. Clothes or no clothes.

Karla

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
What makes Brighton so bad? I have never heard a good report on it.

My grandmother always grumbled and called it a Den of Iniquity when they drove through it. Personally I have always loved Brighton and it is the only bright spot along the whole coastline. It's surrounded by towns where people go to retire and die. It did start going down hill a little when Londoners start buying up properties there but it has an extremely cosmopolitan feel. Unfortunately another good description of it is a place to party on anti-depressants.

Westernyelp

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:18 pm »
Wow! Think I would like to visit Brighton. But I will be having the nude beach a big miss!

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 11:02:44 pm »
The wankers.

Seriously.

Actively wanking away.

Also, there's a minority of gay people who are voyeurs and parade about emphasising their mandom and it's really not needed.

You also get bystanders, pointing and laughing, going 'ha ha he's got his willy out' which is what I've heard but I'm thankful I wasn't laughed at. Phew.

'Cos then I would have beat them up, innit. Clothes or no clothes.

:3145 :543
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Steggsaurus

• Andy
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 04:13:04 pm »
Many nude beaches in the UK are in quite isolated spots which discourage casual gawkers, as they can't really use the "just passing" excuse.  But it makes them difficult for naturists to visit also.

Brighton is the opposite, it's in the town so it's easy to access, but there's bound to be people going there just to have a look and see if any pretty girls are tanning naked (they will usually be disappointed!)

As has already been said, there is also a bit of gay exhibitionism going on there.  Brighton as a town has a big gay scene, and while not every gay man using the beach is there to show off and pick up, of course there are always going to be some who are into that sort of thing.

Also it's a pebble/shale beach, not sand.  This is less comfortable to lie on or walk on.

It's great that Brighton nude beach exists and it's perfectly possible to have a nice time there.  But if you want a really great nude beach, Brighton isn't it.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »
The lanes in Brighton are worth visiting though, just not the nudist beach.

When my German cousin visited as a teenager, I took her around Brighton and we went swimming at the beach (not the nudist section). Afterwards she asked where the showers were and I had to explain that we were in Britain and that they often didn't supply such things on beaches (at least I'd never found any).
wow no showers on the beaches ,we have a few like that in Australia with no showers but most have shower facilities .
nude is natural

btonnude

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »
I live right opposite the beach in Brighton, so I go a far bit, just cause its really easy... but all of the above comments are correct.. There are often people watching and sometimes playing with themselves... its very annoying and I have actually shouted at a couple of them to "F**K OFF"... You also get the odd group of chav teenage boys walking through who can bit a bit loud with their comments.. but one has to wonder if they are walking through because they are actually curious.
Its also been over run by gay guys wearing very tiny tiny speedos (??!!!???!!) and then feel that they have every right to critique people who actually are naturists. I am gay myself, and these guys really really annoy me. I have know idea why its become the "gay part" of the beach. If people are there because they feel comfortable then fine, but don't make other people feel uncomfortable, and certainly don't poke fun... Rant over about that one...

I still go because its so handy, also because I think if we give up on the few naturist beaches that are left in the UK then there will be very few places left to go.