Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Physics 2: Torque  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Nude Physics 2: Torque
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:56:35 pm »

When we move our nude bodies, we experience a range of motion greater than when we are clothed. It might be a difference of just a few millimeters in the range you can rotate your shoulder when not restricted by your shirt, or the way you can spread out your toes when you take off your shoes. But, inch by inch, a big difference is made if it's a motion you're repeating. Example: you're hiking down the trail, and your nudity allows for a slightly longer stride and a more efficiently coordinated back-and-forth between the swaying of arms and the swinging of legs--not to mention the greater evaporation of sweat that's facilitated by the unrestricted air passage over the entire body in motion.

Torque has to do with this swinging and swaying through a range of motion. It's defined as "the moment of a force, a measure of its tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis" (American Heritage Dictionary). The image below cleverly uses Photoshop for a depiction of torque that shows how Tarzan is supposed to be depicted, sans loincloth!

Restrictive clothing severely reduces or eliminates the torque of those fleshy, boneless parts of ourselves--breasts, genitals, buttocks--that continue to swing or sway beyond the moment we've used our muscles to stop the core movement. If you've ever beaten eggs while unclothed, you know that this kind of torque can present itself in even the smallest of movements, and it can be startling at first, but also pleasant.

The original German FKK understanding of social nudity promoted movement through exercise as a big part of what being nude socially was all about. Black-and-white, silent videos from the early twentieth century show groups of nudists extending their full range of torque as they perform coordinated motions somewhere in between dance, martial art, and calisthenics. Unfortunately, these sorts of group activities are less popular now, although the recent growing popularity of nude yoga classes is at least one example of a contemporary equivalent for healthy stretching, focused breathing, and flow of force in a group setting unimpeded by fabric.

Volleyball, a general favorite for nude recreation today, is another activity that demonstrates the best of torque's naked power unleashed, as players propel themselves by their legs, and send the ball over the net with coordination from swinging back, chest, and arms. Among nude enthusiasts, perhaps even more popular than volleyball on land is water volleyball, since for many participants the greater resistance of water (compared to air), along with the effects of buoyancy, mitigate the torsion of fleshy parts all while keeping the players cool and wet.

In all cases, the extended torque of this greater clothesfree range of motion is part of the beloved freedom so essential to all of us who celebrate being nude.

From: http://nudescribe.blogspot.com/2013/04/nude-physics-2-torque.html
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nude Physics 2: Torque
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17:01 am »
Nice find Danee.   :e4444

The article rings true and gels with my own observations. 
I'd like to try the Tarzan routine for real but I think I'd be wearing gloves.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Link

• Hero of Winds
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:25:04 am »
Wow, it's cool that someone took the time to explain this. It's pretty interesting! Thanks for sharing this Danee.

john.mowgli

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:59:26 pm »
I love that Tarzan routine!

I am sure naturism would be
much more popular in the U.K.
if there were more active things to
do nude rather than incredibly sedentary
'sun clubs' in out of the way locations...

having said that...I always find it fun to run
full pelt round the naturist club, much to the bemusement
of the older members!

mikeisnude

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »
Thanks Danee for a very interesting article.  It makes complete sense.  It's obvious how doing things nude would be less restrictive and allow a person to move free-er.  I have to think psychologically it would also cause a person to "feel" free-er helping them to put the increased range of motion to good use.